Bigger and fuller window frame

Discuss macro implementations, ask for macro help (to share your creations, see User Creations, probably either Campaign Frameworks or Drop-in Resources).

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei, giliath, jay, Mr.Ice

Sereptus
Giant

Bigger and fuller window frame

Post by Sereptus »

I'm having this problem while coding my macros. Every time I go to edit a macro I get this problem with my right border...
Spoiler
Border_control.png
Border_control.png (255.35 KiB) Viewed 424 times
It might not seem like a huge problem but when coding 50+ macros and re-opening to correct something over and over it get really annoying having to resize the frame EVERY TIME before scrolling through the code to find out where you made the error. I downloaded TinyLaf and it has been useful to make the text inside the macro a bit bigger but still stuck with this problem. Is there anyway to make the macro text frame bigger (and fully showing all content) when you edit a macro? If someone could tell me how to do it in TinylaF that'd be great. I did wonder about this when using the (Default.theme) Maptools originally comes with as well, it wasn't exactly the same problem but I always thought it'd be nicer if the pop up window when editing macros started out bigger, or longer, or wider...etc.
OOOHH RegEx....YOU BITTER-SWEET BEAST!!!

aliasmask
RPTools Team

Re: Bigger and fuller window frame

Post by aliasmask »

You should be able to put your mouse at bottom corner of frame and an arrow will show up. Click and drag the window to the size you like. Then you can hold the ctrl key and close the window by clicking the X. Now when you open the edit window it should now be at the last size you left it.

You can also use an editor like Notepad++ and import/export code using my drop-in RPEdit in my signature. I also have an update for Notepad++ for MapTool coding. This is best used for making lib:tokens.

Full Bleed
Demigod

Post by Full Bleed »

aliasmask wrote:You should be able to put your mouse at bottom corner of frame and an arrow will show up. Click and drag the window to the size you like. Then you can hold the ctrl key and close the window by clicking the X. Now when you open the edit window it should now be at the last size you left it.
Using 1.4.0.2 the window remembers its re-size any time I close the window using the top right X. It does *not* remember the window re-size if I use the "OK" or "Cancel" button.

Is that not standard behaviour?
You can also use an editor like Notepad++ and import/export code using my drop-in RPEdit in my signature. I also have an update for Notepad++ for MapTool coding. This is best used for making lib:tokens.
I wish this was built into MT!
Maptool is the Millennium Falcon of VTT's -- "She may not look like much, but she's got it where it counts."

Sereptus
Giant

Post by Sereptus »

:shock: ! I've been screwing around with this for 5 years and never thought to ask!! :? :oops: Thanks AM and I also think full bleed is right! I'll get the RPEdit now.
I'd appreciate you taking a peek at the code I've been writing for a 5E statblock importer http://forums.rptools.net/viewtopic.php ... 70#p265070. Maybe you could advise me if some of the beginning code that came from your importer is not needed in mine but I do plan to export the contents to GM notes as well, eventually. I know I can now clean up the speed code part of it and I'm not looking for too much help as I'm learning a lot but if you see something completely erroneous maybe you could give me a couple pointers. I'm relying heavily on RegExr.com for this and it doesn't always jive with MT.
OOOHH RegEx....YOU BITTER-SWEET BEAST!!!

Return to “Macros”