Rest token owner to "All Players" ?

Discuss macro implementations, ask for macro help (to share your creations, see User Creations, probably either Campaign Frameworks or Drop-in Resources).

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei, giliath, jay, Mr.Ice

Ditto
Giant

Rest token owner to "All Players" ?

Post by Ditto »

I'm messing with token ownership, and need to reset ownership back to "All Players', but finding this harder than it should be.

I found this thread:

http://forums.rptools.net/viewtopic.php ... 3&start=15

which talks about the feature "should be there - but isn't" ... that was about 6 years ago ... is the feature hidden in there anywhere by now ?

If not, is there any way to do it via setProperty or such ??

aliasmask
RPTools Team

Re: Rest token owner to "All Players" ?

Post by aliasmask »

I think I recall recent talks of doing this. I would imagine the function would be called Wiki: setOwnedByAll(), but that's not in the wiki. What you can do is getAllPlayerNames("json") and set the token's ownership with setOwner(json).

Code: Select all

[H: allPlayers = getAllPlayerNames("json")]
[H: setOwner(allPlayers,tokenId)]

Ditto
Giant

Post by Ditto »

aliasmask wrote:I think I recall recent talks of doing this. I would imagine the function would be called Wiki: setOwnedByAll(), but that's not in the wiki. What you can do is getAllPlayerNames("json") and set the token's ownership with setOwner(json).

Code: Select all

[H: allPlayers = getAllPlayerNames("json")]
[H: setOwner(allPlayers,tokenId)]
yeah, I'm doing that for now ... mostly works fine for my purposes .. but as you know, "not the same" ;)

Thanks!
(this works well enough for me at this time)

Irrlicht
Dragon

Post by Irrlicht »

Since it was brought up... I wanted to ask how come I could never get the "all players" ownership to work (unless every single player's checkbox was marked).
It never worked for me in the past, still not on MapTool 1.4.04.
Is there some option on the server that I'm doing wrong?
"There are many ways my Son, to find where the souls of Demons remain...
But it takes only one second of despair and of doubt until, at last, your Soul they will gain..."

aliasmask
RPTools Team

Post by aliasmask »

The all players checkbox doesn't really give players ownership, just allows them to edit the token. So, the isOwner or whatever doesn't work unless the player name is checked. So, I usually check for the player and if the all players is checked to determine ownership.

Irrlicht
Dragon

Post by Irrlicht »

Is that intentional? I mean, I always thought it didn't give actual ownership because it was bugged, and also everyone I played with who was involved with ownerships thought the same.
If it's intentional, its at least misleading.
"There are many ways my Son, to find where the souls of Demons remain...
But it takes only one second of despair and of doubt until, at last, your Soul they will gain..."

Return to “Macros”