Supress Macro Outputs to Players

Discuss macro implementations, ask for macro help (to share your creations, see User Creations, probably either Campaign Frameworks or Drop-in Resources).

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei, giliath, jay, Mr.Ice

Amaroth
Kobold

Supress Macro Outputs to Players

Post by Amaroth »

Hi, I've tried to use a search option to find wheter anyone else has asked the same thing before (probably someobe did), but search seems to be unavailable at the moment, and I couldn't find an answer on wiki either. So, my little problem with my macro is, that it sends its output to all players, not just to me as a GM. All stuff my macro does is h:, so no outputs are given, then I've got a last line which is outputting results:

Code: Select all

Minimal roll [Min] + is required - [Chance] % chance to hit. [Req] attacks are needed for 1 hit.
And I'd like to be the only one who sees this in his chat window. How can I do that? I've tried several things, none of them really worked.

trrpt
Kobold

Re: Supress Macro Outputs to Players

Post by trrpt »

See if this works:

[g: "Minimal roll "+Min+" is required - "+Chance+"% chance to hit. "+Req+" attacks are needed for 1 hit."]
The g: roll option is described on this wiki page.

Full Bleed
Demigod

Post by Full Bleed »

You can also use Wiki: broadcast().
Maptool is the Millennium Falcon of VTT's -- "She may not look like much, but she's got it where it counts."

Amaroth
Kobold

Post by Amaroth »

Thanks, this:

[g: "Minimal roll "+Min+" is required - "+Chance+"% chance to hit. "+Req+" attacks are needed for 1 hit."]
did a trick. Although I have tryed the same before and it didn't work for me, probably some silly typo which I couldn't find.

Return to “Macros”