Which is more efficient?

Discuss macro implementations, ask for macro help (to share your creations, see User Creations, probably either Campaign Frameworks or Drop-in Resources).

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei, giliath, jay, Mr.Ice

Skyth
Cave Troll

Which is more efficient?

Post by Skyth »

In my Pathfinder framework, I have set up skills on each token. I have properties on the tokens with Jsons for all the skill names, the stat that affects the skill, skill ranks, and various bonuses.

As the framework developed, it's been taking longer and longer to load the framework. I was wondering if it would be better to put the skill name and the controlling stat in the skill check macros rather than as properties on each token.

aliasmask
RPTools Team

Re: Which is more efficient?

Post by aliasmask »

I doubt that's the reason for the loading slowdown if I'm understanding you correctly.

Skyth
Cave Troll

Post by Skyth »

Well, I typically have dozens of tokens on the maps, with all of that information on them.

aliasmask
RPTools Team

Post by aliasmask »

text and data doesn't really contribute that much, usually large map images. What can slow things down is a lot of macros on a token and having the select window open. Rendering those can take awhile. Also, tokens with a lot of FOW data on them can slow your system during the game. But the load time is mostly images.

wolph42
Winter Wolph

Post by wolph42 »

you can unzip the campaign file and have a look in the asset folder to see if there's something big in there. (the .cmpgn file is a .zip)

Return to “Macros”