[macro.return] and frames

Discuss macro implementations, ask for macro help (to share your creations, see User Creations, probably either Campaign Frameworks or Drop-in Resources).

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei, giliath, jay, Mr.Ice

Xaelvaen
Dragon

[macro.return] and frames

Post by Xaelvaen »

I'm having trouble using a macro.return function in a frame. Basically, I have a frame that takes player input. I send that information to another macro to be calculated. What I'd like that to do, is use a macro.return function to then display that information at the bottom of the same frame. It seems, though, that macro.return isn't working <form action***>.

A, is this even possible?
B, if not, is there some workaround? Perhaps reloading the same frame from the same calling macro with new jsons?
"An arrogant person considers himself perfect. This is the chief harm of arrogance. It interferes with a person's main task in life - becoming a better person." - Leo Tolstoy

Xaelvaen
Dragon

Re: [macro.return] and frames

Post by Xaelvaen »

Not exactly what I was looking for - I used that tutorial to build my onChange~ character sheet. However, I just used a workaround like I mentioned above where the sheet is simply re-opened with the rolled information in place. Didn't want to do that, because it's a lot trickier, but since a simple macro.return wouldn't work, I guess I had no choice.

Thanks for the response, Wolph!
"An arrogant person considers himself perfect. This is the chief harm of arrogance. It interferes with a person's main task in life - becoming a better person." - Leo Tolstoy

aliasmask
RPTools Team

Post by aliasmask »

Yeah, there's no javascript so any changes made require the form to be redrawn. It's usually called a call back from another function. So, the macro you call needs call the callback to redraw the frame.

JamzTheMan
Great Wyrm

Post by JamzTheMan »

FYI there is some javascript support in the dev version and my fork, although I have not played with it at all... Do a search and you should find some info?

Again, not sure if it will help you in this situation though, it's mostly an alternative way of doing macro logic AFAIK.
-Jamz

Xaelvaen
Dragon

Post by Xaelvaen »

I know absolutely nothing about javascript, and pretty much any html I use, I just use w3schools to tell me what I'm doing XD.

I just used the normal method of [openFrame] macro, [theSheet], and refreshing it all through macro.args. I was honestly just looking for a shortcut to that process, but it is what it is, and I'll get the job done one way or the other!

Thanks though, Jamz.

JamzTheMan
Great Wyrm

Post by JamzTheMan »

No problem, definitely stick with what you are doing then! :)
-Jamz

Return to “Macros”