Frame + Html + special damage tracking

Discuss macro implementations, ask for macro help (to share your creations, see User Creations, probably either Campaign Frameworks or Drop-in Resources).

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei, giliath, jay, Mr.Ice

Xaelvaen
Dragon

Frame + Html + special damage tracking

Post by Xaelvaen »

I use a frame-based html character sheet for all of my campaigns, and typically, I just play in a game that tracks hit points rather abstractly (take 12 damage, 30 hit points left) sort of thing. However, I'm currently experimenting with a few other tracking types and I'm looking for some ideas on how to get this to physically represent itself in html.

If you've played Shadowrun 5e (or Anarchy), or possibly even earlier versions, you have 'boxes' of 'damage' in a table format; multiple rows of 3 boxes. Not quite as complicated as white wolf, you merely fill the boxes from left to right, and when a row is full, you drop down to the next row.

I'm looking for suggestions of how to tackle this problem and make it show up in this particular pattern. I can use foreach and similar macro language, but I'm not exactly sure how I would use such a thing to form a table? Or perhaps there's an easier approach I'm overlooking.

Any constructive input would be welcome.
"An arrogant person considers himself perfect. This is the chief harm of arrogance. It interferes with a person's main task in life - becoming a better person." - Leo Tolstoy

aliasmask
RPTools Team

Re: Frame + Html + special damage tracking

Post by aliasmask »

I would probably use radio buttons to set the level of injury. You can use one big one or break it up in to multiple to represent the injury level.

JamzTheMan
Great Wyrm

Post by JamzTheMan »

Couldn't you also just use <table> elements with borders to draw x squares? (then use hyperlinks or buttons or images, what ev in side)

For my WoD framework, I actually just created 3 square images, a blank box, one with a slash, one with an X. (since we have a 3 state checkbox here). I then just had a for loop to display said appropriate images. Upside, worked in chat as well...
-Jamz

Xaelvaen
Dragon

Post by Xaelvaen »

JamzTheMan wrote:Couldn't you also just use <table> elements with borders to draw x squares? (then use hyperlinks or buttons or images, what ev in side)

For my WoD framework, I actually just created 3 square images, a blank box, one with a slash, one with an X. (since we have a 3 state checkbox here). I then just had a for loop to display said appropriate images. Upside, worked in chat as well...
I like this idea a lot - I could just set up the images on if statements drawn from a string list. Thanks Jamz - perfect for my html sheet.
"An arrogant person considers himself perfect. This is the chief harm of arrogance. It interferes with a person's main task in life - becoming a better person." - Leo Tolstoy

Return to “Macros”