Question about roll options

Discuss macro implementations, ask for macro help (to share your creations, see User Creations, probably either Campaign Frameworks or Drop-in Resources).

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei, giliath, jay, Mr.Ice

TheIneffableCheese
Cave Troll

Question about roll options

Post by TheIneffableCheese »

I'm a bit confused about how to achieve something with one of my macros.

I've got a basic damage macro that calls on a token's HP property, applies the damage, calculates the new HP value, assigns basic status States (e.g., unconscious, dying, dead, etc), then writes the new HP value to the HP property. All that works great.

At the end of the macro I generate a variable called "output" using the concatenate function that generates a text string that says "Has <currentHP> of <maxHP> remaining." That also works - the variable generates exactly what I want it to generate.

I'd like this to be output to the Chat window, but kept to just the GM. I'm using the [g:] rolling option, but I cannot figure out how to publish this without the tooltip. I get <<output = "yadda yadda">>.

If I remove the g: tag and change to curly brackets, I get what I want - just the value of "output" not the calculations that get me there. But I assume that's being broadcast. If I try to use curly brackets with the g: tag, then I get an error (unexpected character, or something like that).

How can I get a simple, clean output of a variable's value just to the GM?

aliasmask
RPTools Team

Re: Question about roll options

Post by aliasmask »

Try [g,r: ]

TheIneffableCheese
Cave Troll

Re: Question about roll options

Post by TheIneffableCheese »

That did it. Thanks!

Return to “Macros”