[Suggestion: code fix]VisibleAreaSegment.compareTo(Object)

Confirmed bugs should get a single post here. Check the READ ME FIRST sticky thread for the format.

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei, giliath, jay, Mr.Ice, MapTool BugReport Manager

Forum rules
Posts that do not conform to the READ ME FIRST sticky thread are subject to deletion.
Azhrei
Site Admin

Re: [Suggestion: code fix]VisibleAreaSegment.compareTo(Objec

Post by Azhrei »

Yeah, some of the MT code is "legacy", as you've already determined.

I didn't write most of it so I've been cleaning it up as I go, but it's tedious because it's impossible to check completely without a lot of code path analysis. For example, class A has a method called "fred()" and class B extends class A and also has a method called "fred()". You can remove fred() from class B and not get any errors from Eclipse unless some piece of code directly references B.fred() (and in a correctly designed OO environment that shouldn't happen!).

That means the only way to detect an issue is to run the code and ensure that fred() is called. With an application as large as MT -- and which only has a smattering of documentation here and there, and nothing to cover the overall architecture -- that's going to be very error-prone. :|

Return to “Bug Reports”