[b90 (sort off) BUG] repository issue

Confirmed bugs should get a single post here. Check the READ ME FIRST sticky thread for the format.

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei, giliath, jay, Mr.Ice, MapTool BugReport Manager

Forum rules
Posts that do not conform to the READ ME FIRST sticky thread are subject to deletion.
wolph42
Winter Wolph

[b90 (sort off) BUG] repository issue

Post by wolph42 »

When you export [menu--->file-->export-->campaign repository file] it exports as .zip file. When however you add this same file to the repository (e.g. through dropbox link) it throws an error because its not a .gz file.
bug report
2014-03-21 14:00:14,770 [model.AssetLoader:130] ERROR - I/O error retrieving/saving index for 'https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/905 ... SITORY.zip
java.util.zip.ZipException: Not in GZIP format
at java.util.zip.GZIPInputStream.readHeader(Unknown Source)
at java.util.zip.GZIPInputStream.<init>(Unknown Source)
at java.util.zip.GZIPInputStream.<init>(Unknown Source)
at net.rptools.maptool.model.AssetLoader.decode(AssetLoader.java:142)
at net.rptools.maptool.model.AssetLoader.getIndexMap(AssetLoader.java:125)
at net.rptools.maptool.model.AssetLoader.addRepository(AssetLoader.java:59)
at net.rptools.maptool.model.AssetManager.updateRepositoryList(AssetManager.java:87)
at net.rptools.maptool.client.MapTool.setCampaign(MapTool.java:877)
at net.rptools.maptool.client.AppActionsrun(AppActions.java:2121)
so either the export should export as .gz OR the repost should be able to read .zip files.

edit: I recall that you need to add the index.gz address to the repos, so you first need to unzip the exported file... so its not *really* a bug, but lack of documentation inside MT.

Lee
Dragon

Re: [b90 (sort off) BUG] repository issue

Post by Lee »

Hmm. I'll put in a process to deliver both the zip and the index.gz, for convenience.

On a side-note, we've be tested out gzip alternatives, so this (gzip-related issues) may become a moot point when we restructure things dependent on it.

wolph42
Winter Wolph

Re: [b90 (sort off) BUG] repository issue

Post by wolph42 »

Lee wrote:Hmm. I'll put in a process to deliver both the zip and the index.gz, for convenience.

On a side-note, we've be tested out gzip alternatives, so this (gzip-related issues) may become a moot point when we restructure things dependent on it.

well its mainly lack of documentation. You need to make the asset directory available and in its root dir the index.gz file. Basically that means unzipping the exported zip file and uploading the index.gz and asset dir to a server. But its not documented anywhere logical. Only with some searching in the wiki you find the actual way.

Return to “Bug Reports”