b90 Issue

Confirmed bugs should get a single post here. Check the READ ME FIRST sticky thread for the format.

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei, giliath, jay, Mr.Ice, MapTool BugReport Manager

Forum rules
Posts that do not conform to the READ ME FIRST sticky thread are subject to deletion.
madmaxneo
Giant

b90 Issue

Post by madmaxneo »

I could have sworn there was a topic for this already but I can't seem to find it.
I am not sure if this is a b90 issue or what, here is the issue:

One of my players was getting a stack overflow issued when he tried to connect to my server. I have my max MB set to 1024, and he was setting his higher (2gb). We first tried increasing his stack size (4mb, then 5mb, then 10mb) and it didn't help at all. I told him to change his max memory to 1024 and it worked ok but it loaded real slow. He reduced his stack size to 2mb and it loaded up almost instantly, and it now works fine.

Apparently setting his max memory higher than mine (the server) was the problem, is this normal?

The original post: http://forums.rptools.net/viewtopic.php ... 92#p252092

Bruce

Full Bleed
Demigod

Re: b90 Issue

Post by Full Bleed »

madmaxneo wrote:I could have sworn there was a topic for this already but I can't seem to find it.
I am not sure if this is a b90 issue or what, here is the issue:

One of my players was getting a stack overflow issued when he tried to connect to my server. I have my max MB set to 1024, and he was setting his higher (2gb). We first tried increasing his stack size (4mb, then 5mb, then 10mb) and it didn't help at all. I told him to change his max memory to 1024 and it worked ok but it loaded real slow. He reduced his stack size to 2mb and it loaded up almost instantly, and it now works fine.

Apparently setting his max memory higher than mine (the server) was the problem, is this normal?

The original post: http://forums.rptools.net/viewtopic.php ... 92#p252092
Is he using 64bit java?

If he is not (and I'm guessing he isn't) have him install that *and* change his bat file to point to the right installation.
Maptool is the Millennium Falcon of VTT's -- "She may not look like much, but she's got it where it counts."

madmaxneo
Giant

Post by madmaxneo »

Full Bleed wrote:
Is he using 64bit java?

If he is not (and I'm guessing he isn't) have him install that *and* change his bat file to point to the right installation.
I believe he is as I think he used the link I sent him for java.
But if that was the case would it still work as I indicated above if he set his max memory to the same as mine?

Bruce

Full Bleed
Demigod

Post by Full Bleed »

madmaxneo wrote: I believe he is as I think he used the link I sent him for java.
But if that was the case would it still work as I indicated above if he set his max memory to the same as mine?
I believe the problem is that he is not using the 64bit version of java and is trying to assign a larger MaxMem than the 32 bit java will allow for without error.

Post the bat file he is using to load MT here. We'll be able to tell from the path.
Maptool is the Millennium Falcon of VTT's -- "She may not look like much, but she's got it where it counts."

madmaxneo
Giant

Post by madmaxneo »

Sorry I haven't been here in awhile. My regular fantasy Maptools game fell through (jobs and other time consuming events). I am currently running a solo game using the old Marvel Superheroes ruleset. I haven't started using Maptools just yet because I am still trying to piece together some great maps and still looking for some topdown superhero tokens. The ones I found on these forums will not let me download them.

I will ask him if he can copy and paste his .bat file for me to post here.

Bruce

CoveredInFish
Demigod

Post by CoveredInFish »

No comment on b90 issues, but ...
madmaxneo wrote:still looking for some topdown superhero tokens. The ones I found on these forums will not let me download them.
... have you seen these superhero tokens. I can save the png-files from that thread without a problem.

madmaxneo
Giant

Post by madmaxneo »

Sweet! Thanks Wolph42.

Return to “Bug Reports”