Java 8 and Maptool

Confirmed bugs should get a single post here. Check the READ ME FIRST sticky thread for the format.

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei, giliath, jay, Mr.Ice, MapTool BugReport Manager

Forum rules
Posts that do not conform to the READ ME FIRST sticky thread are subject to deletion.
Coolplayer
Kobold

Java 8 and Maptool

Post by Coolplayer »

Hey all, downloaded maptool and used to use it in the past (a couple years ago). I saw the sticky about the parent forum but not sure what that is? Sorry if this is the wrong place. New user to the boards.

Java 8 Maptool Problem
The link to the original discussion: Haven't seen a discussion on this
Basically all the icons for everything are showing up as question marks.
A suggested possible solution: Not sure
Any supporting attachments: None

I'm pretty sure this is a Java problem as I had it in the past but not with this version of Java. I'm running Windows Vista. Thanks in advance and sorry if this is the wrong thread!

aliasmask
RPTools Team

Re: Java 8 and Maptool

Post by aliasmask »

? means not enough memory is allocated to load the image. Are you using the launcherXXX.jar file to run MapTool or are you just clicking the MapToolXXX.jar file?

I have a tutorial here that goes in to how I install: http://forums.rptools.net/viewtopic.php?f=22&t=25523

Also, you mentioned Vista. If you don't have a 64bit system then your max mem is limited to around 1400 and I would use that number in the launcher. If you only have 2gigs of system memory, 1400 may be too much and I would stick with 1024.

Coolplayer
Kobold

Re: Java 8 and Maptool

Post by Coolplayer »

NM they are showing up now. Just took a couple minutes. When I downloaded the latest version of map tool and unzipped the contents I don't even see any jar files. I've got maptool-1.3b91 and launcher-130829.01, both are showing as winrar files but when I click on the maptool-1.3b91 it starts map launcher. Weird. Also once started I played around a bit and tried saving and it wouldn't let me save.

Return to “Bug Reports”