MapTool-1.3.b91.dmg contents has changed

Confirmed bugs should get a single post here. Check the READ ME FIRST sticky thread for the format.

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei, giliath, jay, Mr.Ice, MapTool BugReport Manager

Forum rules
Posts that do not conform to the READ ME FIRST sticky thread are subject to deletion.
deadspatula
Kobold

MapTool-1.3.b91.dmg contents has changed

Post by deadspatula »

I have a copy of MapTool 3.1.b91 for the mac. It has a created date of 10/19/14. It works perfectly.

I had one of my players download MapTool 3.1.b91 today. The .app file she gets (and I get if I redownload it) is dated 3/2/15 and alternately (depending on what computer is declared damaged or loads a launcher that asks us to point to a .jar file we dont have. I can post screen shots if desired.

I am curious why the file has changed without updating the version number, and why it was replaced with a broken .app file.

aliasmask
RPTools Team

Re: MapTool-1.3.b91.dmg contents has changed

Post by aliasmask »

You're probably right that it was rebuilt because of the dates and these posts.

http://forums.rptools.net/viewtopic.php ... 71#p256771

As for what works and how it should work I can't help you there. AFAIK, no changes were made when rebuilt. But I would think we would have heard more from the community if it actually didn't work. There are probably some steps not being done correctly.

My only suggestion would be to try and send a copy of what you have to your friends and see if it makes a difference. I'm not a Mac person, so someone with more experience may chime in to help.

stoopid_elf
Kobold

Re: MapTool-1.3.b91.dmg contents has changed

Post by stoopid_elf »

If you haven't figured it out yet this may help.

I was trying to load maptool on mac and got the damaged file notice.

This thread got me around that. http://forums.rptools.net/viewtopic.php ... en#p256729

When looking for the jar file make sure to go to the java file and use maptool-1.3.b91.jar.

You also need to have your file format set to java executable or all file in order to select it.

Return to “Bug Reports”