BUG: Token changing to Token Layer triggers shape prediction

Confirmed bugs should get a single post here. Check the READ ME FIRST sticky thread for the format.

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei, giliath, jay, Mr.Ice, MapTool BugReport Manager

Forum rules
Posts that do not conform to the READ ME FIRST sticky thread are subject to deletion.
Full Bleed
Demigod

BUG: Token changing to Token Layer triggers shape prediction

Post by Full Bleed »

Per this thread is has been noted that if you move a token set as Top Down from another layer to the Token layer, and MT thinks it's a Square or Circle token, the token shape will be changed to the type of token it *thinks* it is.

Apparently, MT's token shape prediction triggers when tokens move to the Token layer.

This should not happen.
Maptool is the Millennium Falcon of VTT's -- "She may not look like much, but she's got it where it counts."

Jagged
Great Wyrm

Re: BUG: Token changing to Token Layer triggers shape predic

Post by Jagged »

I was looking at this code (in AbstractTokenPopupMenu class) when I added the new "Figure" token type. This is not so much a bug as specifically coded behaviour. I think the assumption is that anything moved to the Object or Background layer should be treated as "just an image" and hence is changed to "Top Down". Then if moved the other way, you can understand the logic that re-applies the "Guess Shape" function.

I agree though, that it can be very annoying.

Return to “Bug Reports”