[1.4] Maps only posting as tokens

Confirmed bugs should get a single post here. Check the READ ME FIRST sticky thread for the format.

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei, giliath, jay, Mr.Ice, MapTool BugReport Manager

Forum rules
Posts that do not conform to the READ ME FIRST sticky thread are subject to deletion.
Farland
Cave Troll

[1.4] Maps only posting as tokens

Post by Farland »

So I create a new map, select the background layer, and drop a map on it. It automatically comes out as a token and is only the size of one grid space. I have to right click it, select change to background, and then resize it to free size. I am definitely on the background layer when I initially put the map on but MT doesn't seem to know that.
An epic roleplaying resource:

http://www.farlandworld.com

Twitter: @Farland_World

Jagged
Great Wyrm

Re: [1.4] Maps only posting as tokens

Post by Jagged »

I can't seem to replicate the problem.

However, if you are dropping a map into the background layer, have you tried editing the map properties and selecting the map via the "Map" button?

aliasmask
RPTools Team

Re: [1.4] Maps only posting as tokens

Post by aliasmask »

Farland wrote:So I create a new map, select the background layer, and drop a map on it. It automatically comes out as a token and is only the size of one grid space. I have to right click it, select change to background, and then resize it to free size. I am definitely on the background layer when I initially put the map on but MT doesn't seem to know that.
I can't duplicate the problem either, but if I'm on the token layer of a map then select the drawing tools and select the background layer then drop an image on the map, it goes to the token layer.

The map and draw tools use the same selection tool for the layers, but are actually different.

Return to “Bug Reports”