[1.4.0.5 and Later] Hot Keys not always functional

Confirmed bugs should get a single post here. Check the READ ME FIRST sticky thread for the format.

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei, giliath, jay, Mr.Ice, MapTool BugReport Manager

Forum rules
Posts that do not conform to the READ ME FIRST sticky thread are subject to deletion.
Xaelvaen
Dragon

[1.4.0.5 and Later] Hot Keys not always functional

Post by Xaelvaen »

Here is a link to the post with some confirmations (Aliasmask confirming) and a general discussion. http://forums.rptools.net/viewtopic.php ... 60#p267560

Whenever you do not have a 'default' maptools frame docked, then the hot keys become very finicky. In example, with no docked frames, even if the campaign macros are visible, the hot keys will only trigger the said macro if a 'default' maptools frame is active (active meaning that the bar at the top of the frame is blue, or current). Custom frames cannot trigger this behavior and do not cause hotkeys to function when 'active'.

If you have the campaign menu 'docked' but on 'auto-hide', and you have no other docked default frames not on 'auto-hide', the macro hot keys will not function unless you click the campaign tab first to make it active. As long as one default frame is docked, and visible though, you can use the campaign macro hot keys whether or not they are visible.

I have confirmed this on 1.4.0.5, 1.4.1.7, and 1.4.1.8. However, b89 seems to be completely free of this bug. I hope that gives an adequate timeline of approximate change.
"An arrogant person considers himself perfect. This is the chief harm of arrogance. It interferes with a person's main task in life - becoming a better person." - Leo Tolstoy

JamzTheMan
Great Wyrm

Re: [1.4.0.5 and Later] Hot Keys not always functional

Post by JamzTheMan »

Thanks, that always helps! We'll send the hounds after it. There were some "panel" changes in the 1.4.0.x line that we can look at...
-Jamz

Xaelvaen
Dragon

Post by Xaelvaen »

In truth, I'm happy to have finally given back to the community, even if in some trivial way. A pleasure being a part, as always.
"An arrogant person considers himself perfect. This is the chief harm of arrogance. It interferes with a person's main task in life - becoming a better person." - Leo Tolstoy

Xaelvaen
Dragon

Post by Xaelvaen »

Bit of a necro-post here, but I've just downloaded the latest .exe version of Maptools, and it seems this issue is still a thing. When I dock maptool windows (minimized to side tabs), then macro hotkeys don't function. Just curious if there was ever any discovery here, or something I can do on my end to address the issue?

Phergus
Deity

Post by Phergus »

Thanks for bringing this up again. I've opened an issue on GitHub:

https://github.com/RPTools/maptool/issues/446

Xaelvaen
Dragon

Post by Xaelvaen »

Awesome - appreciate everything this community does!

Return to “Bug Reports”