[1.3b53] Large Tokens Move 'Touchy'

Confirmed bugs should get a single post here. Check the READ ME FIRST sticky thread for the format.

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei, giliath, jay, Mr.Ice, MapTool BugReport Manager

Forum rules
Posts that do not conform to the READ ME FIRST sticky thread are subject to deletion.
dorpond
RPTools Team

[1.3b53] Large Tokens Move 'Touchy'

Post by dorpond »

Trevor, you fixed the way movement feels and it works great, but last night I had a large token on the map and I noticed that when I went to move it, it was very sensitive when moving down or right (opposite of what was touchy in previous versions of 1.3 before you fixed it). It was harder moving it left or up.

So whatever tweak you put in to fix the movement, needs a little more TLC on larger tokens.
How to use my bundled artwork (MT1.3B60+): http://forums.rptools.net/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=11759

dorpond
RPTools Team

Re: [1.3b53] Large Tokens Move 'Touchy'

Post by dorpond »

Here is a picture:

The red arrows show how far the mouse must travel before the token actually moves in that direction. The blue shows the same. Notice that when moving the token down/right, the mouse only has to travel very little, whereas moving the token to the left/up, it takes a lot of effort.
Attachments
TokenMove.JPG
TokenMove.JPG (69.09 KiB) Viewed 943 times
How to use my bundled artwork (MT1.3B60+): http://forums.rptools.net/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=11759

Brigand
Read-only User

Post by Brigand »

Seems like the larger tokens are basing mouse movement on a medium sized token. I prefer to use the arrow keys to move my tokens. That's why I wish the screen would auto-center on your selected token when moving. Either that or a modifier key to move the screen with the arrow keys one unit (pixels in the grid).

As an example of what I mean. Select and hold on a large size token right in the middle and move your mouse barely to the left. The token goes DOWN instead of LEFT. It gets worse on even larger tokens. Grab a HUGE token in the middle and move the mouse in any direction and the token will jump DOWN and RIGHT.

Mrugnak
Dragon

Post by Mrugnak »

Brigand wrote:Seems like the larger tokens are basing mouse movement on a medium sized token. I prefer to use the arrow keys to move my tokens.
I think you've got it bang on. I'm getting the impression that there are a few areas where large tokens are just "fat" medium tokens, inside the code base...

Hawke
Great Wyrm

Post by Hawke »

Token dieting is in order.

Brigand
Read-only User

Post by Brigand »

It's definitively something in the token sizing code. If I drop a token onto the background layer and then move it to the token layer, it maintains its native size and can be moved like a token of that size without any jumping issues. The moment I change its size away from native, even if I change it back, it acts like a token and jumps around.

Return to “Bug Reports”