.Bat and Vista x64

Articles on how to do things in MapTool (answers only here -- questions should stay in the main MT forum)

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei, giliath, jay, Mr.Ice

Forum rules
Please discuss all HOWTO topics in the main forum. They will be moved here by a moderator when appropriate.
Azhrei
Site Admin

Post by Azhrei »

Cweord wrote:Funny - your real OS seems to have far more security vulnerability these days . . . . .
Heh, no argument there. If you're talking about percentages, it's tough to beat Windows. There are/have been so many problems that another 30-40 aren't going to put much of a dent in the percentage. ;)

(Note the smiley, in case you skipped past that!)
And the makers are far more concerned with fixing the PR than the problem.
Yep. That's one of the things I don't like about the Mac -- the manufacturer is just as proprietary, if not more so, than Microsoft, which means PR is more important to them than reality. Doesn't change how I feel about Unix, though.
But lets not start another PC / Mac war - though I don't believe we have had one yet this year.
Oh, c'mon! Pretty please?? With sugar on top??

Just kidding. :)
Any way - the Linux crowd will just watch us battle it out, the move to victory over our still twitching corpses
I'm part of "the Linux crowd." For a lot of reasons. And I don't particularly care to "battle it out". Although I am highly amused when folks with no background in a variety of operating systems (ie. all they use is Windows) can knock on those other OSes without personal experience. The same is true of religions and editors. ;)

When it's time for me to buy a new machine, it probably won't be a Mac. This was a great experiment and I learned a lot about OS X, but the next machine will run Linux and the current MacBook Pro will be wiped and replaced with Linux also...

Cweord
Great Wyrm

Post by Cweord »

I'll actually look at a mac next time I upgrade, with the ability to run windows on it, my biggest issue was always software base, but with windows usable that goes away.

Only issue is I can see me spending more time in windows than OS.
Cweord

This message has been spell checked by Freudcheck - any mistakes are purley a figment of your imagination.
-------
My Tokens Directory
http://gallery.rptools.net/v/contrib/Cw ... er_Tokens/

Azhrei
Site Admin

Post by Azhrei »

Yep. And my wife would love to try a Mac, but ... Intuit's version of Quicken for the Mac sucks rocks. Adobe's Photoshop for the Mac doesn't the same organizer that the Windows version has and she's got 3000+ photos already indexed and doesn't want to have to do that again. (I think this one is not insurmountable, but anyway...)

So she'll stick with a Windows machine as well. As I said, when I buy another laptop, this one will likely become a Kubuntu machine. We'll see.

necron99
Giant

Post by necron99 »

;c:\program files (x86)\java\jre6\bin;

I had to use this for xp64
For anyone who need it
lisa Simpson wrote: M E H spells Meh
Reality has no place in gaming.
Whats this button do?
Kugan - "All bless the god KA-CHING!"

Brigand
Read-only User

Re:

Post by Brigand »

necron99 wrote:;c:\program files (x86)\java\jre6\bin;

I had to use this for xp64
For anyone who need it
Yay, this one works.

Azhrei
Site Admin

Re: .Bat and Vista x64

Post by Azhrei »

Or update to the latest Java and the installer will fix the PATH issue (or so I understand).

Cweord
Great Wyrm

Re: .Bat and Vista x64

Post by Cweord »

I still just have a perminant copy of Javaw in my MT directory
Cweord

This message has been spell checked by Freudcheck - any mistakes are purley a figment of your imagination.
-------
My Tokens Directory
http://gallery.rptools.net/v/contrib/Cw ... er_Tokens/

Return to “How To”