RPTools.net

Discussion and Support

Skip to content

It is currently Sun Oct 22, 2017 7:51 pm 

Forum rules

When posting in these forums, please put the Game system and Version in your thread title. Non-conforming posts are subject to deletion.

Reply to topic  [ 1 post ] 

Previous topic | Next topic 

Cave Troll

Post subject: (D&D 5E... mostly) Looking for Players
PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2017 4:41 pm 
CORE INFORMATION
Initial Launch Date: Monday May 8th or May 15th
Run Time: Monday evenings (start at 6, 7, or 8 EST; specifics TBD)
Contact information: theycallmetomu@gmail.com for email. Primary means of contact to be handled over Skype chat (no voice chat required/used).
Interface for play: Maptools v1.4.0.0 and IRC

Old Age of Tarroth
Those of you who pay attention to such things may be aware that Wizards of the Coast recently released the v3 Unearthed Arcana version of the Mystic. I was ... less than impressed. This led to a series of redesigns that I ultimately decided needed to actually be used, and hence, the birth of this campaign: Old Age of Tarroth.

The campaign is a 6th level 5E game where the players are followers of the god Deus, on a quest to complete a ritual that will bring the god's voices to the world (namely Deus', but hey, throw those other loser gods have a bone).

A wiki detailing the psionic classes for the game, as well as the house ruled versions of each of the disciplines and talents can be found at http://oat.wikidot.com/ ; some things are still a bit rough around the edges. Class balance is still a work in progress, so if you see a concept you like, but don't think the current execution is "quite there" the specifics are negotiable.
All PCs must be one of the seven psionic classes/subclasses. I will allow up to one player to instead play a Cleric of Deus.

Excluding the aforementioned cleric, each player selects one of the psionic archetypes (detailed on the wiki). Unchained, Intuitive, and Expressive have already been selected, and there should not be any overlap in archetypes (unless I suddenly go up to 6+ characters). A player playing a Cleric instead gets the Divine archetype (+1 wisdom, training in Religion)

Current Roster: Wilder (Unchained archetype), Battlemind (Expressive archetype, emphasis on shape shifting), War Mind (intuitive archetype)

The characters start at 6th level. This campaign will involve character boons (custom designed "magical items" that are character specific and don't use attunement slots, basically)

Players should be at least 18 years of age, as the campaign may involve some mature themes (eg, standard disclamer).

Heads up right now, I get a lot of my inspiration from japanese animation, so if the genre conventions of anime give you a headache, probably best to save us all the time.

If interested, see the contact information at the top of the page for details.

Reply to topic  [ 1 post ]