RPTools.net

Discussion and Support

Skip to content

It is currently Sat Dec 16, 2017 12:30 am 

Forum rules

When posting in these forums, please put the Game system and Version in your thread title. Non-conforming posts are subject to deletion.

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1 post ] 

Previous topic | Next topic 

User avatar  Offline
Kobold

Post subject: [Sticky] READ ME FIRST!!
PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2017 6:57 am 
Welcome adventurers from across our blue planet

My name is Oronir and I am a new moderator on the 'looking for groups' forum. This forum is important to all users of map tool because it allows us to connect with each other and play games together. Some of you are veterans and others might be fledgeling role-players. All are welcome. Do not be afraid. Step right in.

However, for clear communication we urge you to follow some simple rules. Rules we wil enforce strictly because a forum that is chaotic or out of date, especially this one, is of no use to anyone.

1) Please post in the appropriate category and read the "forum rules" at the top of that category.
2) Be polite at all times.
3) Note the correct keywords before your normal text (see below)
4) Put the game system and version, as well as your timezone in GMT values.

So what are keywords?

First of all we want you to know that there are two types of texts: Text that is in [Brackets] are keywords and the other is normal text.

To be efficient in finding answers to your post we want you to note keyword(s) first and normal text after. Here is an example: [d&d5E][GMT-6][LFG] starting new campaign - RP.
Please put the Game system and Version, as well as your timezone in GMT values.

To help you out we sum up some keywords that you can use:
general: [LFP], [LFG], [GMT]...
when: [WEEK], [WEEK-END], [8pm - 12pm]...
version: [ANY], [D&D5E], [PF], [WoD], [SW]...

[ANY]
If you're looking for a group and you're willing to play any game system, put "ANY" in the subject title, perhaps so that it looks like this: [ANY][LFG]: weekends only
Which indicates that you're looking for a group ("LFG") but can only play on weekends. The word "ANY" means you're not particular as to the game system used. You can also use the word ANY in combinations:

Warning
A) Be advised that non-conforming posts are subject to deletion. I plan to enforce this pretty strictly. If your post disappears, this is probably why. Your posts asking why your posts were deleted will probably also be deleted since they don't belong in this forum! :roll: Of course, you won't know any of that unless you read this message. Sort of a Catch-22, eh? I suggest checking each forum for a "READ ME" sticky before posting.

B) Posts are now being pruned such that they will expire after 6 months. If you are still looking for players or a group after that time, be sure to post a "bump" message to the thread. Contact us or a moderator if you have any questions.

Happy gaming

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1 post ]