[1.3b56] VBL Line Thickness Issue

If you have an idea for a new feature, please discuss it in the main MapTool forum first, then post a summary of the discussion here. Use the first Sticky as a template.

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei, giliath, jay, Mr.Ice

GM_Spectre
Cave Troll

[1.3b56] VBL Line Thickness Issue

Post by GM_Spectre »

Came across an issue with the line thickness of the vbl.

most direct cause of the issue is the line thickness of the Hollow Rectangle VBL tool and the Polyline VLB Tool (Fig.1)

Figure 1: line thickness difference.

This caused considerabl problems with lag because in when cutting doors and windows using the Rectangle VBL tool as suggested in the tutorial, it cut nicks out of the surrounding VBL Rectangle if it was near a corner (Fig.2)

Figure 2: http://cprindustries.googlepages.com/vb ... ;init:.png

I tried using other tools to get hte effect I wanted; but in some cases this is impossible, such as trying to repair a hole in a hollow rectange cannot be done using the Polyline VBL tool; because the Polyline VBL tool's line thickness is about half that of the Hollow Rectange VBLs: likewise, when trying to delete a small section of a hollow vbl the issue arrises that you basically can't do it, and you end up making a tiny hollow inside the Hollow Tool's outline (as in Fig.1)

Basically I would like to request that the line thickness of the Hollow Rectangle VBL and the Polyline VBL be be made equivalent.

Return to “Feature Requests”