[b61] Movement label tweak (Cosmetic)

If you have an idea for a new feature, please discuss it in the main MapTool forum first, then post a summary of the discussion here. Use the first Sticky as a template.

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei, giliath, jay, Mr.Ice

palmer
Great Wyrm

[b61] Movement label tweak (Cosmetic)

Post by palmer »

Inspired by another thread...

Simple little cosmetic option.

Add a TEXT field somewhere in prefs. Have this text displayed after the number on a moving token.

That's it!

Say you set it to "yds". Now as you drag your token, you see [2.7 yds]

Or "feet", showing [15 feet]

A little eye candy, but aids immersiveness that much more, that you're dealing in real distances, not just "grids"

Brigand
Read-only User

Re: [b61] Movement label tweak (Cosmetic)

Post by Brigand »

Sounds cool. I approve. I had something I wanted to request... but now I can't remember what it was. =(

Darinth
Dragon

Post by Darinth »

Lets put this in campaign properties rather then in preferences, as each individual campaign may have a different scale.
Loyalty is not blind, and it cannot be forced. It is a sincere bond formed out of respect and gratitude.

Phergus
Deity

Post by Phergus »

It belongs as a per map property.

Darinth
Dragon

Post by Darinth »

Darinth wrote:Lets put this in campaign properties rather then in preferences, as each individual campaign may have a different scale.
True. Though, it would be nice to be able to set a default for the campaign for properties. Most campaigns aren't going to change their label from map-to-map.
Loyalty is not blind, and it cannot be forced. It is a sincere bond formed out of respect and gratitude.

Azhrei
Site Admin

Post by Azhrei »

Darinth wrote:Though, it would be nice to be able to set a default for the campaign for properties. Most campaigns aren't going to change their label from map-to-map.
And the easiest place to put that is in the New Map dialog -- simply keep whatever values the user typed in the previous time they used the dialog... Although 1.4 is supposed to have (!) a way of seeing and modifying those settings from within MapTool.

Return to “Feature Requests”