FREQ: setMapVisible() and renameMap()

If you have an idea for a new feature, please discuss it in the main MapTool forum first, then post a summary of the discussion here. Use the first Sticky as a template.

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei, giliath, jay, Mr.Ice

Full Bleed
Demigod

Re: FREQ: setMapVisible() and renameMap()

Post by Full Bleed »

Jagged wrote: I think I know that area of code, I will take a look.
Thanks.

Oh, and for the record...
Full Bleed wrote:a) The way we have to change map names in MT is really tedious (it doesn't even default to the current name on a rename, you have to retype the entire thing). With a rename function I could easily make a map hidden or tag it to a specific world using my map switcher without having to constantly use the manual rename.
...I don't know who "fixed" this, but 1.4 now leaves the original name in the "Rename" text box which I greatly appreciate! :)
Maptool is the Millennium Falcon of VTT's -- "She may not look like much, but she's got it where it counts."

Jagged
Great Wyrm

Post by Jagged »

Full Bleed wrote: ...I don't know who "fixed" this, but 1.4 now leaves the original name in the "Rename" text box which I greatly appreciate! :)
That was done by D4rkAlf :)

Jagged
Great Wyrm

Post by Jagged »

RPTroll
TheBard

Post by RPTroll »

Awesome sauce
ImageImage ImageImageImageImage
Support RPTools by shopping

Full Bleed
Demigod

Post by Full Bleed »

Sweetness!

You're crushing it lately, Jagged.

Thanks!
Maptool is the Millennium Falcon of VTT's -- "She may not look like much, but she's got it where it counts."

aliasmask
RPTools Team

Post by aliasmask »

Full Bleed wrote:
Sweetness!

You're crushing it lately, Jagged.

Thanks!
Agreed. Now if we can only get a commit ;)

Jagged
Great Wyrm

Post by Jagged »

aliasmask wrote:Now if we can only get a commit ;)
Craig has started work on a release, however I don't think this or the table functions will have made the deadline. So I would expect the release after next.

Jagged
Great Wyrm

Post by Jagged »

wolph42 wrote:is 'createMap()' or 'newMap()' also something on your list?
No. But convince me there is a good use case for it and it might ;)

There are other map properties that should probably be exposed first, so many that maybe "copyMap()" might be more useful?

Jagged
Great Wyrm

Post by Jagged »

I was surprised to see that "getAllMaps" and "setCurrentMap" don't require trusted status. This seems like something of a security risk.

Not planning on changing that immediately, but perhaps we should? Does anyone have a use-case that justifies the current free use?

wolph42
Winter Wolph

Post by wolph42 »

Jagged wrote:
wolph42 wrote:is 'createMap()' or 'newMap()' also something on your list?
No. But convince me there is a good use case for it and it might ;)

There are other map properties that should probably be exposed first, so many that maybe "copyMap()" might be more useful?
'copyMap' good point. The case: two actually, both closely related. One for a 'one button hit: generate dungeon with VBL on new map' the latter is currently not possible. (the former already exists). Linked to this a 'solo dungeon game': http://forums.rptools.net/viewtopic.php ... 83#p262283 where this too would be usefull.

however copy map would cover it as well and I can't really think of a reason why newMap would be more useful than copyMap.

Full Bleed
Demigod

Post by Full Bleed »

Jagged wrote:I was surprised to see that "getAllMaps" and "setCurrentMap" don't require trusted status. This seems like something of a security risk.

Not planning on changing that immediately, but perhaps we should? Does anyone have a use-case that justifies the current free use?
Yeah... I think those should definitely be trusted. Nice catch.
Craig has started work on a release, however I don't think this or the table functions will have made the deadline. So I would expect the release after next.
Bummer... those are the things I'm most looking forward to. But I suppose it's better to have people clamoring for more builds than not having enough new code to justify doing one. ;)

Return to “Feature Requests”