Screenshot Exportation Method Idea

If you have an idea for a new feature, please discuss it in the main MapTool forum first, then post a summary of the discussion here. Use the first Sticky as a template.

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei, giliath, jay, Mr.Ice

Altrunchen
Giant

Screenshot Exportation Method Idea

Post by Altrunchen »

I don't know if this is how the program already functions or not. But I do not think that it is.

Essentially this is the idea:

1.) Take a map that you want to export as images.
2.) Enter in what cell size you want to export.
3.) The program takes that cell size and divides the map area (determined the same way that the 'entire map' setting does) into as few of those cells as possible.
4.) The program then saves those cells as smaller screenshots.
5.) The user then puts all those screenshots together outside of Maptool.

This way you don't have to crunch all the data of exporting the whole thing at once because you're only exporting little pieces at a time.

Maybe this won't work or help, but I figure it may be useful.

RPTroll
TheBard

Re: Screenshot Exportation Method Idea

Post by RPTroll »

Interesting idea. I guess you could pre-can a few size for 8.5x11 or other page sizes. The problem would be with bounding. I supposed you could pick a center and number rows and columns as part of the process.
ImageImage ImageImageImageImage
Support RPTools by shopping

Altrunchen
Giant

Re: Screenshot Exportation Method Idea

Post by Altrunchen »

RPTroll wrote:Interesting idea. I guess you could pre-can a few size for 8.5x11 or other page sizes. The problem would be with bounding. I supposed you could pick a center and number rows and columns as part of the process.
Page sizes? Oh no no, you misunderstand me. I am talking about dividing up the map image into smaller image files. Printing out all those images would be another matter entirely.

Though, I have had some success with Acrobat in the past where I would set an image to be printed at full-size but tiled across multiple pages.

Return to “Feature Requests”