RFI: Search is recursive in Resource Library

If you have an idea for a new feature, please discuss it in the main MapTool forum first, then post a summary of the discussion here. Use the first Sticky as a template.

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei, giliath, jay, Mr.Ice

celestian
Dragon

RFI: Search is recursive in Resource Library

Post by celestian »

I do not know how much of a resource hog this would be but I'd REALLY like to have the search field recursively look in the selected folder.

i.e. with a directory list of these, when I search for "log" it would find them in "Dead" when I had "Token" selected.

* Tokens
** Plants
*** Trees
**** Dead

JamzTheMan
Great Wyrm

Re: RFI: Search is recursive in Resource Library

Post by JamzTheMan »

It just happens that I have that coded already. I'm prepping things and hope to start getting these features into MT 1.4.

I believe I put a search limit in place (something like 500 or such) to prevent a wild card search like just * to return 10's of thousands of results in the asset window. Basically, I just added a checkbox next/under to the search box, if clicked, it searches sub-directories as well.

I also added a mouseWheel event on that asset window to adjust the size of the thumbnails. But I had to up the default thumbnail cache, so more disk space but MUCH easier to see some of the larger assets in preview (great for maps!)

Lets see, also have image info on hover, pixel size, name, etc. Several improvements to the asset window over all. Keep an eye out for MapTool 1.4!
-Jamz

RPTroll
TheBard

Post by RPTroll »

Wow. No more eye strain.

Edit:
Added it to 1.4 functionality list
http://forums.rptools.net/viewtopic.php ... 38#p257138
ImageImage ImageImageImageImage
Support RPTools by shopping

celestian
Dragon

Post by celestian »

JamzTheMan wrote:It just happens that I have that coded already. I'm prepping things and hope to start getting these features into MT 1.4.

I believe I put a search limit in place (something like 500 or such) to prevent a wild card search like just * to return 10's of thousands of results in the asset window. Basically, I just added a checkbox next/under to the search box, if clicked, it searches sub-directories as well.

I also added a mouseWheel event on that asset window to adjust the size of the thumbnails. But I had to up the default thumbnail cache, so more disk space but MUCH easier to see some of the larger assets in preview (great for maps!)

Lets see, also have image info on hover, pixel size, name, etc. Several improvements to the asset window over all. Keep an eye out for MapTool 1.4!
Thanks! Sounds just like what I needed ;) My token/objects direction has grown ... very large... over the years. This wil save me having to use a search from windows to remember where it was.

Return to “Feature Requests”