[ABANDONED] extension of goto function

If you have an idea for a new feature, please discuss it in the main MapTool forum first, then post a summary of the discussion here. Use the first Sticky as a template.

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei, giliath, jay, Mr.Ice

wolph42
Winter Wolph

[ABANDONED] extension of goto function

Post by wolph42 »

see last post, this request is not interesting anymore.

I was wondering, is it possible and feasible to extend the goto function with an optional parameter: 'units'
so
goto(x,y[,units])
you can leave
goto(id) as is as units in that case is redundant.

units being defaults to 0 (grid cell coord) and optional 1 (pixel coords).

I'm currently making 'hover' function which animates the view of the clients on a new map, where the viewport of a client is taken over the map as an animated overview of that map. Currently I have the granularity of grid cell which makes the animation rather jerky, having the option for pixel coords can make it go much more fluent.

JamzTheMan
Great Wyrm

Re: extension of goto function

Post by JamzTheMan »

Possible? Yes, most likely. When? Another question... Soon(tm)? :mrgreen:

Unless someone else can take up the mantle. (Man, we really need to get you into some Java coding, you do enough macro coding, oh wait...I can see the macro function list growing 10x lol)
-Jamz

Jagged
Great Wyrm

Post by Jagged »

Could this not be done using the setViewArea function?

wolph42
Winter Wolph

Post by wolph42 »

Jagged wrote:Could this not be done using the setViewArea function?
interesting notion. no clue, I'll have to check that.

edit: checked it and you're right. setViewArea is better anyway to use instead of goto, so forget this request

Full Bleed
Demigod

Post by Full Bleed »

JamzTheMan wrote:(Man, we really need to get you into some Java coding, you do enough macro coding, oh wait...I can see the macro function list growing 10x lol)
And that's a bad thing? ;)

I think both Wolph and Alias could be killer javascript coders. Bending MT's script to their will is probably a magnitude more difficult.
Maptool is the Millennium Falcon of VTT's -- "She may not look like much, but she's got it where it counts."

Jagged
Great Wyrm

Post by Jagged »

wolph42 wrote: edit: checked it and you're right. setViewArea is better anyway to use instead of goto, so forget this request
Awesome. When you've finished, I'd love to see a video clip of your "animated map tour" :D

wolph42
Winter Wolph

Post by wolph42 »

Jagged wrote:
wolph42 wrote: edit: checked it and you're right. setViewArea is better anyway to use instead of goto, so forget this request
Awesome. When you've finished, I'd love to see a video clip of your "animated map tour" :D
well, that can take a while. I have most ready, but for 1.91 (using goto) the swap to setViewArea is easy, however requires an upgrade of the BoT to 1.4 and that aint gonna happen anytime soon as I'm also working on the conversion to mote. As soon as I go for 1.4 thats over.

Return to “Feature Requests”