[FREQ 1.4] Show VBL Toggle

If you have an idea for a new feature, please discuss it in the main MapTool forum first, then post a summary of the discussion here. Use the first Sticky as a template.

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei, giliath, jay, Mr.Ice

wolph42
Winter Wolph

[FREQ 1.4] Show VBL Toggle

Post by wolph42 »

It quite often happens that I create a VBL layer over an image and then screw things up by accidentally move or worse: resize the picture. In that case I constantly have to switch between the VBL layer to see where it is and the (e.g.) background layer to position the pic.
Hence it would be nice to have a 'Show VBL' toggle in the menu so you can have it turned on while working on your map in one of the (Not VBL) layers.
There are more examples when this is useful, but this is the first that popped to mind.

Just to be clear: when the toggle is turned on you cannot edit the vbl layer (unless you're in vbl edit mode) it just shows the vbl on map, regardless of what you're doing.

Jagged
Great Wyrm

Re: [FREQ 1.4] Show VBL Toggle

Post by Jagged »

I can see that would be very useful.

JamzTheMan
Great Wyrm

Post by JamzTheMan »

Agreed, could be useful in testing your map while moving tokens around as well and um, ahem, some other new stuff in the pipeline.

Does it matter if it is under the FoW layer though? (I don't know off hand if that's easier or harder). This would only happen if in "Player View" I suppose...
-Jamz

wolph42
Winter Wolph

Post by wolph42 »

JamzTheMan wrote:Agreed, could be useful in testing your map while moving tokens around as well and um, ahem, some other new stuff in the pipeline.

Does it matter if it is under the FoW layer though? (I don't know off hand if that's easier or harder). This would only happen if in "Player View" I suppose...
i think any toggle would be better than none so either way. If its no matter I would suggest above FoW.

Return to “Feature Requests”