Lock Image

If you have an idea for a new feature, please discuss it in the main MapTool forum first, then post a summary of the discussion here. Use the first Sticky as a template.

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei, giliath, jay, Mr.Ice

metatheurgist
Dragon

Lock Image

Post by metatheurgist »

I've had this issue for a while now and I don't know if it's in the new versions but here we go.

Often when I'm making a map I'm assembling it from several images, and then maybe painting on one or more of the layers. Maybe a general layout of the walls, paint the floor with a texture, put several dozen doors at specific places. Everything is great, then I decide I want to shift a table by 2 pixels and instead of grabbing the table I've grabbed the main background and moved it.

Now everything's out of alignment. The doors are hanging in mid air, the painted floor doesn't match to the walls, etc. Now I have to painstaking move the background image back where it was, but for some reason I can never put it back exactly where it used to be.

So, it'd be awesome if there was a checkbox I could put on an image to lock it into place. So I'd be unable to move it unless I unapplied that checkbox.

aliasmask
RPTools Team

Re: Lock Image

Post by aliasmask »

I've done this with a macro. Basically, select the macro to lock and unlock the position of the map. All it does is save the x,y coordinate on the token if one doesn't exist. If it does exist and the map is out of that position, then it moves it back. If already in position it unlocks (deletes the x,y values).

metatheurgist
Dragon

Post by metatheurgist »

Good trick. I'll have to think about implementing it.

jackolas
Cave Troll

Post by jackolas »

Having the same problem. the Macro is nice for a quick fix but it would be better to have a way to lock background images.

Return to “Feature Requests”