[FREQ] Tool>Lock Player Movement remembered

If you have an idea for a new feature, please discuss it in the main MapTool forum first, then post a summary of the discussion here. Use the first Sticky as a template.

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei, giliath, jay, Mr.Ice

Full Bleed
Demigod

[FREQ] Tool>Lock Player Movement remembered

Post by Full Bleed »

I would really like to be able to have this setting remembered after setting it in a campaign. It is remembered when set in the Initiative Window but not when set in the campaign.
Maptool is the Millennium Falcon of VTT's -- "She may not look like much, but she's got it where it counts."

aliasmask
RPTools Team

Re: [FREQ] Tool>Lock Player Movement remembered

Post by aliasmask »

Full Bleed wrote:I would really like to be able to have this setting remembered after setting it in a campaign. It is remembered when set in the Initiative Window but not when set in the campaign.
I believe the checkbox in the campaign preferences says new campaigns meaning only in newly created campaigns will that set the setting according to your preferences. Changing it during a campaign shouldn't do anything. That's what the setting in the initiative does.

Full Bleed
Demigod

Post by Full Bleed »

aliasmask wrote:I believe the checkbox in the campaign preferences says new campaigns meaning only in newly created campaigns will that set the setting according to your preferences. Changing it during a campaign shouldn't do anything. That's what the setting in the initiative does.
The Preference Checkbox is only for setting the default behaviour of the Initiative Panel (i.e. it's under "Initiative Defaults"). And that's good, I'm glad I don't have to set that every time, too.

But I want to be able to set the default for the Campaign itself (irrespective of combat being underway and the Initiative Panel being open) to "checked".

Current behavior is: I load up the campaign, go to Tools>Lock Player Movement, play a session, save, and when I open the campaign again I've got to go to Tools>Lock Player Movement again (rinse and repeat). I don't see a reason for the campaign to not 1) Remember the setting or 2) Have an option to set the default of the Campaign Setting with respect to locking player movement.
Maptool is the Millennium Falcon of VTT's -- "She may not look like much, but she's got it where it counts."

Full Bleed
Demigod

Post by Full Bleed »

Bumping this request because this issue still plagues me.

Even if the solution was to add a lockPlayerMovement() function (the equivalent of Tool>Lock Player Movement or Ctrl-Shift-L) I'd take it. At least then I could put it in an onCampaignLoad and not have to worry about it every session.

Phergus
Deity

Post by Phergus »

Could you not fake it by using the tokens.denyMove variable?

Wiki: tokens.denyMove()

Set up some condition variable in onCampaignLoad that stops movement up until you run a macro that unsets it or initiative is used?

Phergus
Deity

Post by Phergus »

Not that having a macro function for doing same and/or have it remembered in the campaign don't have merit.

Full Bleed
Demigod

Post by Full Bleed »

Phergus wrote:Could you not fake it by using the tokens.denyMove variable?

Wiki: tokens.denyMove()

Set up some condition variable in onCampaignLoad that stops movement up until you run a macro that unsets it or initiative is used?
The link you sent shows that this should be used in onTokenMove.

So I tried using this there:

Code: Select all

[h, if(getPlayerName() != "reject"): tokens.denyMove = 1]
And it doesn't do anything. Players can still drag a token around.

Phergus
Deity

Post by Phergus »

I did this:

Code: Select all

[h: d = getMoveCount()]
[h: check = MovedThisPulse + d]

[r, if(check > TMR && isGM() == 0), code: {
  [h: tokens.denyMove = 1]
};{
  [h: MovedThisPulse = MovedThisPulse + d]
}]
And it definitely stops people from moving more than their allowed TMR. MovedThisPulse is a token property for tracking movement.

I have another macro that resets everyone's movement counter at the beginning of each pulse.

Full Bleed
Demigod

Post by Full Bleed »

Phergus wrote:And it definitely stops people from moving more than their allowed TMR. MovedThisPulse is a token property for tracking movement.

I have another macro that resets everyone's movement counter at the beginning of each pulse.
My onTokenMove does a lot.

It applies movement states based on how much a token has moved (whether they are in a 5' step, a walk, hustle, or run.) Records Actions (single move and double move actions) when movement exceeds certain thresholds. Adjusts number of attacks available based on the amount moved. And even uses the token.denyMove variable when they consume their allotted movement.

What it doesn't do is what Tools>Lock Player Movement does... which is to lock the default drag movement ability while staying out of the way of detailed macro-controlled movement.

I have to manually set that at the beginning of *every* session and I wish MT could just remember it.

Phergus
Deity

Post by Phergus »

Then I guess you'll have to wait until someone changes that.

Return to “Feature Requests”