[1.3.b49] Strict Tokens and Handouts

If you have an idea for a new feature, please discuss it in the main MapTool forum first, then post a summary of the discussion here. Use the first Sticky as a template.

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei, giliath, jay, Mr.Ice

tir-gwaith
Kobold

[1.3.b49] Strict Tokens and Handouts

Post by tir-gwaith »

There are 2 really nice features that currently are incompatible.

Strict tokens keeps players from accidentally moving NPCs, etc.
The Show Handout is great for showing instead of describing what new monsters the DM is throwing at the party.

However, currently, the players can't Show Handout for any NPCs when "Strict Tokens" is enabled. One can't even right click on a token that is not "owned".

I'd like to be able to use Show Handout without having the issue of PCs accidentally moving around NPCs and other PCs, which happens a LOT at our table. Is there a way to do this currently that I can't figure out, or can you modify it so Strict Token ownership will still allow some usage in the non-owned tokens, for handouts, portraits, etc. The Portrait option, which is non-resizable, and always pops up covering part of the map is not really a usable option for us.

jfrazierjr
Deity

Re: [1.3.b49] Strict Tokens and Handouts

Post by jfrazierjr »

tir-gwaith wrote:There are 2 really nice features that currently are incompatible.

Strict tokens keeps players from accidentally moving NPCs, etc.
The Show Handout is great for showing instead of describing what new monsters the DM is throwing at the party.

However, currently, the players can't Show Handout for any NPCs when "Strict Tokens" is enabled. One can't even right click on a token that is not "owned".

I'd like to be able to use Show Handout without having the issue of PCs accidentally moving around NPCs and other PCs, which happens a LOT at our table. Is there a way to do this currently that I can't figure out, or can you modify it so Strict Token ownership will still allow some usage in the non-owned tokens, for handouts, portraits, etc. The Portrait option, which is non-resizable, and always pops up covering part of the map is not really a usable option for us.
Welcome Tir! Long time no talk.... Someone actually created a method a few weeks ago to get around this by using some of the new macro features. I will see if I can find it, but it takes a bit a macro programming I think (I did not get into the nitty gritty details).
I save all my Campaign Files to DropBox. Not only can I access a campaign file from pretty much any OS that will run Maptool(Win,OSX, linux), but each file is versioned, so if something goes crazy wild, I can always roll back to a previous version of the same file.

Get your Dropbox 2GB via my referral link, and as a bonus, I get an extra 250 MB of space. Even if you don't don't use my link, I still enthusiastically recommend Dropbox..

Azhrei
Site Admin

Post by Azhrei »

I believe it was Sylphia who created a Lib: macro that retrieved the image and displayed it in a new panel.

patoace
Dragon

Post by patoace »

This is the thread of a possible solution for your problem.

http://forums.rptools.net/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=6486

Altough I started it, you must scroll until Imarkus code in the first page; it's much simpler to use and versatile than the original, and it uses english words, wich can be better for some people. :wink:

Return to “Feature Requests”