Dialogue Timer

If you have an idea for a new feature, please discuss it in the main MapTool forum first, then post a summary of the discussion here. Use the first Sticky as a template.

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei, giliath, jay, Mr.Ice

Sabin Stargem
Cave Troll

Dialogue Timer

Post by Sabin Stargem »

Ever watch one of those chess games, where two players have a limited amount of time to perform on their turn? Well, I think that implementing a similar idea for the GM's use would be handy. Essentially, the idea is that the GM can make a timer for himself and his players, in which he sets up an amount of time he needs to put together dialogue. In this time, players can't talk, which helps the GM expound the amount of speech he needs to get his point across about a situation or idea.

Granted, there are imperfections. Unfortunately, my players can move faster than I could, which means by the time I get details out, it is too late for players to make a battle more favorable or to get someone to agree with them. However, the players also have a timer, in that they each can set up how much time they will need to talk themselves. In this way, an "Speech Initative" could be established, so that others in the group would know when to give their friend time to speak.

Return to “Feature Requests”