Unable to load .rptok into character tool

Discussion of and support for D&D 4e.

Moderators: dorpond, Azhrei

Xun
Cave Troll

Unable to load .rptok into character tool

Post by Xun »

Hi all,

I just discovered these awesome tools, so first of all thanks to all those contributing to rptools...!

I downloaded Chartools 1.0.b15 and chose 'D&D 4E -Remote v3' as Game setting ( I checked all 3 sources available).

I created a character and saved it.
Some time later I tried to load it again and the system told me that I chose an invalid file.
The character set file C:\... is invalid
I maybe should mention that I more or less completely built my character (including powers, feats, equipment...)

Anyone else experiencing this issue, or is it me overlooking some obvious stuff here?

Thanks in advance for helping a 'noob' here :)

BR
Xun

jay
RPTools Team

Re: Unable to load .rptok into character tool

Post by jay »

Could you post your rptok file here? I'll load it up and see if I can figure out what the problem is.

jfrazierjr
Deity

Post by jfrazierjr »

Xun wrote:
The character set file C:\... is invalid
Can you provide the exact path of the error text above(I am assuming this is not it)? This is a long shot, but some characters Windows allows for foldernames are not allowed by Java in some cases. There have been issues with people whose Windows usernames contained on of those such characters and they had issues in Maptool. Again, this may have nothing to do with the issue, but it might help track it down.
I save all my Campaign Files to DropBox. Not only can I access a campaign file from pretty much any OS that will run Maptool(Win,OSX, linux), but each file is versioned, so if something goes crazy wild, I can always roll back to a previous version of the same file.

Get your Dropbox 2GB via my referral link, and as a bonus, I get an extra 250 MB of space. Even if you don't don't use my link, I still enthusiastically recommend Dropbox..

Xun
Cave Troll

Post by Xun »

Hi jay,
please find attached the .rptok

@jfrazierjr: the path is quite standard ( C:\Temp\Xun.rptok )
Attachments
Xun.rptok
(23.46 KiB) Downloaded 108 times

aku
Dragon

Post by aku »

could it be that java isnt liking it being in what i beleive is an "official" temp folder?

Return to “Support: D&D 4e”