Drawing Issue

Thoughts, Help, Feature Requests, Bug Reports, Developing code for...

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei

Forum rules
PLEASE don't post images of your entire desktop, attach entire campaign files when only a single file is needed, or generally act in some other anti-social behavior. :)
dorpond
RPTools Team

Drawing Issue

Post by dorpond »

I thought I would try drawing out a room real quick with the Draw Freehand Lines tool and I noticed that it was really dogging out on me. The lines were really lagging behind the cursor when I was drawing.

I noticed this being the case when I zoomed in close. As I zoomed away, the lag want bad. Zoom back in closer and severe drawing slowness.

Thought I would bring this up. I have a feeling Im ight have to frestyle some maps on the spot from time to time.

dorpond
RPTools Team

Post by dorpond »

To reproduce this, throw down a quickmap then switch to the freestyle drawing tool. Zoom in as close as you can get.

Now, at first drawing is good. So draw around 7-10 scribble lines. As you draw more, the slow it get and the lines lag behind the cursor.

Now, when it is lagging, zoom out and it draws quickly again. Zoom in and it is slow again.

trevor
Codeum Arcanum (RPTools Founder)

Post by trevor »

Freaky. I'll havea look see
Dreaming of a 1.3 release

trevor
Codeum Arcanum (RPTools Founder)

Post by trevor »

dorpond wrote: Now, at first drawing is good. So draw around 7-10 scribble lines. As you draw more, the slow it get and the lines lag behind the cursor.
I rebuilt the way drawables are rendered at the end of the 1.1 dev cycle. Could you check if this is still a problem for you ?
Dreaming of a 1.3 release

Return to “MapTool”