Assymetrical counter size

Thoughts, Help, Feature Requests, Bug Reports, Developing code for...

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei

Forum rules
PLEASE don't post images of your entire desktop, attach entire campaign files when only a single file is needed, or generally act in some other anti-social behavior. :)
primarch
Cave Troll

Assymetrical counter size

Post by primarch »

Hi!

I put this question here, but it may very well be a tokentool issue as well.

Under maptool you can alter the counter size and it will accordingly increase and decrease in size, but in a symmetrical square fashion.

How could you make a horse for example thats 1 square wide (5 feet) and 2 squares (10 feet) long?

This would be useful for many things like long doors and windows and all sorts of objects.

Primarch

Phergus
Deity

Post by Phergus »

As a token is just a png file, grab any one of the many horse images from the Dundjinni forums, RPGMapShare, Four Ugly Monster and just use them as is.

The problem with rectangular tokens is that they won't rotate properly. MT rotates around the center and the center of a 1 x 2 token is on a grid line.

What I do is just do is turn off snap-to-grid for those and that makes them usable if a bit clumsy.

trevor
Codeum Arcanum (RPTools Founder)

Post by trevor »

We'll get non square tokens support soon !
Dreaming of a 1.3 release

lichking
Cave Troll

Post by lichking »

Unless you have changed tokentool, what I do is unlock the little padlock on the right and make the image say 80x160 pixels to create the token. Then when you put it on a map you have to change it's size to large to cover one by two squares which makes sense, since a horse is a large creature. When it is sized medium it is a (1 by a 1/2) square centred token.
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is a malevalent DM.

Return to “MapTool”