Requst for Token feature

Thoughts, Help, Feature Requests, Bug Reports, Developing code for...

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei

Forum rules
PLEASE don't post images of your entire desktop, attach entire campaign files when only a single file is needed, or generally act in some other anti-social behavior. :)
storyguide3
Kobold

Requst for Token feature

Post by storyguide3 »

I was wondering if it might be possible to have each token have both a DM name and a Player name. That is, to allow the DM to assign a name to a token that will appear to him and another that will be seen by the players.

This would allow the DM to use more specific names on the tokens for his use while the players would not gain any untoward info from the names of the tokens as they see them.

For example, if I have an NPC named "Bob" but the players don't know him yet, I could set the token to be "Bob" on my end and "Beggar" or "Some Guy" for the players. The DM should still be able to see the player name, but only the DM could see or change the DM name.
Brad Johnston
Almost, but not quite, entirely unlike tea.

trevor
Codeum Arcanum (RPTools Founder)

Post by trevor »

Hmm, let me digest the idea a bit and discuss with the design team.

In the mean time, what about something like this:

We are planning to allow arbitrary properties on tokens, and token notes. It would be possible to have a 'generic name' property and a 'name' property. The properties can be hidden from the players. The token would still only have one name, but the GM could see the specific details, and once a detail is discovered the GM could rename the token.
Dreaming of a 1.3 release

storyguide3
Kobold

Post by storyguide3 »

trevor wrote:Hmm, let me digest the idea a bit and discuss with the design team.

In the mean time, what about something like this:

We are planning to allow arbitrary properties on tokens, and token notes. It would be possible to have a 'generic name' property and a 'name' property. The properties can be hidden from the players. The token would still only have one name, but the GM could see the specific details, and once a detail is discovered the GM could rename the token.
This could work.
Brad Johnston
Almost, but not quite, entirely unlike tea.

Return to “MapTool”