Difficulty Uploading Certain Images

Thoughts, Help, Feature Requests, Bug Reports, Developing code for...

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei

Forum rules
PLEASE don't post images of your entire desktop, attach entire campaign files when only a single file is needed, or generally act in some other anti-social behavior. :)
Volt
Kobold

Difficulty Uploading Certain Images

Post by Volt »

Hi,

My friends and I have been experimenting with MapTools recently. While doing so we discovered that, when uploaded, there were certain images that everyone could see. In contrast, at other times, other images were only seen by the GM and not any of the players. I searched through some recent threads as to any information regarding this problem we're facing. Does anyone know what the problem might be?

Thanks

dorpond
RPTools Team

Post by dorpond »

Welcome to the boards Volt!

Check to see if FOW is enabled. (Edit -> Enable Fog of War). That will make the player screens totally black.

Also, check to see if the map is hidden from player view (Edit -> Hide Map From Players)

Let me know those results.

You can also setup the default settings so that every new map you load will automatically be FOW On or Off.

Phergus
Deity

Post by Phergus »

And when you say images you probably mean tokens or other image files placed on a map?

If so then right-click on the image in question and make sure it is flagged as "Visible To Players".

You can tell if they are set to NOT visible by the gray label on the token or gray background on the name in the Token Tree.

trevor
Codeum Arcanum (RPTools Founder)

Post by trevor »

You can also send your saved campaign file to [email protected] and I'll take a peek :) Welcome to the boards !
Dreaming of a 1.3 release

Volt
Kobold

Post by Volt »

Thanks a bunch everyone. I'll be sure to try it out with my friend and see if we meet with any success. If we still have difficulty I'll try sending it over. Thanks again.

Kepli
Giant

Post by Kepli »

Welcome aboard Volt ...

Happy gaming ;)

Return to “MapTool”