Problem with Vision

Thoughts, Help, Feature Requests, Bug Reports, Developing code for...

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei

Forum rules
PLEASE don't post images of your entire desktop, attach entire campaign files when only a single file is needed, or generally act in some other anti-social behavior. :)
torstan
Great Wyrm

Problem with Vision

Post by torstan »

I ran into this while doing a little testing (2 instances of maptool running on the same computer, one as GM, one as player).

As long as tokens with vision are in regions that aren't covered in LBL then the vision works fine. As soon as a token is moved into a space with LBL, instead of calculating what it can see and just revealing that, it reveals the entire map that has been explored so far. This reveals all monster tokens that aren't in line of sight.

I guess what is happening is that when it can't calculate vision, because the vision source is inside the light blocking layer, it defaults to revealing everything. Could the default behaviour be to reveal nothing?

This is with just one token, which I guess makes a difference from what I read before. However one misclick while moving a token could scupper a DMs best laid plans for a secret ambush.

trevor
Codeum Arcanum (RPTools Founder)

Post by trevor »

This is related to the bug where if you disable the vision of a token and it's the only vision, then the second fog goes away.

This is fixed for 1.2b15, which will be released later tonight.
Dreaming of a 1.3 release

Return to “MapTool”