RPTools.net

Discussion and Support

Skip to content

It is currently Sat May 27, 2017 12:29 pm 

Forum rules

PLEASE don't post images of your entire desktop, attach entire campaign files when only a single file is needed, or generally act in some other anti-social behavior. :)

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 

Previous topic | Next topic 

Cave Troll

Post subject: Enforce Tokken vision
PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2010 6:25 am 
Is there a way to force a user to be bound to a single token's vision perminatly?

in certain instances where I do not want players to see what is happening to their buddies in the dark scary cave and the critter snatched one of them up I don't want them to know that their partner is gone until they either look, or realize they are not talking back. really adds to a scary dark enviroment in my opinion.

I want vision to act like it does when you have a token selected and Normal: cone arc=100 is being used, but even when it is deselected. IE no looking at your buddies vision.

Great Wyrm

Post subject: Re: Enforce Tokken vision
PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2010 9:32 am 
This cannot be done in MapTools currently. However, there are a group of ways to work around this. One, you can draw the FOW back over the player each time he moves and takes his turn (not optimal). Two, instruct your players to not click off their tokens and trust them to do so. Three, move that characters battle to a different map.

User avatar  Offline
Deity

Post subject: Re: Enforce Tokken vision
PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2010 11:03 am 
sabanknight wrote:
I want vision to act like it does when you have a token selected and Normal: cone arc=100 is being used, but even when it is deselected. IE no looking at your buddies vision.

Turn on Strict Token Ownership and Use Individual Views when you start the server. The players will only be able to see what is in the LoS of the tokens they have control over.

Visit http://www.darkisle.com for photos of castles, cairns, standing stones, and other ancient sites in the British Isles.

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ]