Hide movement lines?

Thoughts, Help, Feature Requests, Bug Reports, Developing code for...

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei

Forum rules
PLEASE don't post images of your entire desktop, attach entire campaign files when only a single file is needed, or generally act in some other anti-social behavior. :)
gaalderman'
Kobold

Hide movement lines?

Post by gaalderman' »

Here's a question. We play using Skype for voice comms and sometimes it's useful for the players to point something out on the screen to ask questions like "what's this over here?" or "can I jump to this ledge?" etc. I've made a token with a crosshairs on it that acts as a pointer. I've given everyone permissions to move it.

But when you move tokens in MT, it draws lines. When you click on a token and drag it to a new position, MT draws a line from the start point to the end point of the move. That line stays on the screen until you release the LMB. Is there a way to make a token NOT draw that line when you move a token? The "show path" option that appears when you right-click a token doesn't give me the functionality I'm look for. And I'd like to hide the line ONLY for one token, not all of them.

Thanks

Azhrei
Site Admin

Re: Hide movement lines?

Post by Azhrei »

Um, if you haven't watched the tutorials yet, you really should.

If the map has the mouse focus (i.e. you've clicked on the map somewhere) you can hold down the space bar to cause an arrow to appear on the map for all connected machines. You can also hold down Shift (I think that's it) and see a thought bubble instead of an arrow. That's handy when a crowd of NPCs is arguing with the PCs and you want to denote which one is saying what...

Regarding the movement line not appearing: no, there is no option for that.

Rumble
Deity

Re: Hide movement lines?

Post by Rumble »

If I am not mistaken, if the token is not visible to players, they will not see the movement lines (so if the token is hidden in Fog of War, or has "Visible to Players" unchecked, movement lines will not be visible to anyone but the person moving it, and the GM). Additionally, if you're just measuring distances, you can use the ruler tool and that is only visible to the person using it.

Return to “MapTool”