Temp Wiki Update Thread

Thoughts, Help, Feature Requests, Bug Reports, Developing code for...

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei

Forum rules
PLEASE don't post images of your entire desktop, attach entire campaign files when only a single file is needed, or generally act in some other anti-social behavior. :)
wolph42
Winter Wolph

Temp Wiki Update Thread

Post by wolph42 »

While we await the repair of the wiki, I'm starting this thread and am asking of one of the mods to pls make it sticky.

I've noticed recently that certain wiki changes I wished to make a couple of months ago, was about things I needed again this week and forgot exactly what it was again. This is very annoying so I'm looking for a spot to put this info in the mean time...

Here you can post changes to the wiki that can't currently not be edited. Please keep it down to one post and edit that one with further changes. Also no discussion here. If the need arise create a new thread.
---------------------------------------------------------------
Topic: Wiki: macroLink()
change: "Note that if you refer to a macro on a lib token it will automatically execute, however if you refer to a macro on the campaign panel, the macro is NOT automatically executed when send to the chat.
To prevent the macro from automatically executing you can turn of the 'auto execute' in the edit panel of the macro that you're linking to.
keep in mind that if you use the autoexecute, that it won't work from a lib:token of which the ownership is set (to an owner not online)"

---------------------------------------------------------------
Last edited by wolph42 on Tue Jul 19, 2011 6:41 am, edited 1 time in total.

Craig
Great Wyrm

Re: Temp Wiki Update Thread

Post by Craig »

I have disabled the spam filter for the wiki (which is the only thing left I can think of that is causing the issues).
To head off a deluge of spam I have also disabled new account creation for now. I know its not a perfect solution
but the volume of spam that the wiki was getting was outrageous :(

wolph42
Winter Wolph

Post by wolph42 »

yup that was it, I've just updated Wiki: macroLink() successfully.

Maybe you can make someone admin to whom new users can send a account request, who validates it and then creates the new accounts (e.g. rptroll, aka the Bard)?

JML
Dragon

Post by JML »

Everything is working again. Thank you Craig.
Craig wrote:I know its not a perfect solution but the volume of spam that the wiki was getting was outrageous :(
I fully agree with this and remember it well as I was one of the complainers on this issue :oops:

Wolph's suggestion looks good, but I don't know if its implementation would cause problems to you :?:

Azhrei
Site Admin

Post by Azhrei »

I haven't talked to Craig about this yet (oops) but HostGator has a easy-to-install version of MediaWiki and I can put on wiki.rptools.net and we can move everything over. Not sure how practical that is, though. :(

RPTroll is working on a new site design so adding a wiki move into the mix is probably too much all at once, but maybe the third week of August when I'll have some time... 8)

clippittee
Kobold

Post by clippittee »

Seems like HG install for Mediawiki still has an outdated version. I just hope that they will look into it.

Full Bleed
Demigod

Post by Full Bleed »

clippittee wrote:Seems like HG install for Mediawiki still has an outdated version. I just hope that they will look into it.
This thread is over 4 years old.
Maptool is the Millennium Falcon of VTT's -- "She may not look like much, but she's got it where it counts."

aliasmask
RPTools Team

Post by aliasmask »

Full Bleed wrote:
clippittee wrote:Seems like HG install for Mediawiki still has an outdated version. I just hope that they will look into it.
This thread is over 4 years old.
It's possible this post is from a bot. I already sent a PM to the account to see if I can get a response.

Full Bleed
Demigod

Post by Full Bleed »

aliasmask wrote: It's possible this post is from a bot. I already sent a PM to the account to see if I can get a response.
The responses seem on topic... just on really old threads. I think the user came here due to having some forum/website issues that were similar to issues we've had in the past. So, not a RPGer... probably someone using a search engine and being directed to some of our related threads.
Last edited by Full Bleed on Wed Sep 23, 2015 1:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
Maptool is the Millennium Falcon of VTT's -- "She may not look like much, but she's got it where it counts."

aliasmask
RPTools Team

Post by aliasmask »

Well, this is my message to him:
Hi, I'm just curious to see if you're a bot. This is just based on your short answers using key words from really old posts and the fact that you make two posts at a time. Your posts do seem relevant hence my curiosity. I appreciate it if you can send me a reply so I know there is a real person behind this account.

Thanks.
BTW, most bot posts come in pairs. But since there are no links in his post or signature and there is enough doubt I'm not going to ban him. I also just found out he's from a US territory and his posts seem consistent as far as an origin. So, you're likely right.

aliasmask
RPTools Team

Post by aliasmask »

Okay, with a rash of new posts, this is most likely a bot. I banned the user name since the ip history is from 4 different ips. The most recent posts are more generic and I did find a report on one of the ips saying it was a forum spammer.

Jagged
Great Wyrm

Post by Jagged »

I'd recommend someone take a look at clippittee too. Not sure if they are real, based on their necro posting.

Return to “MapTool”