beta version "MapTool 1.0M8"

Thoughts, Help, Feature Requests, Bug Reports, Developing code for...

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei

Forum rules
PLEASE don't post images of your entire desktop, attach entire campaign files when only a single file is needed, or generally act in some other anti-social behavior. :)
francogp
Cave Troll

beta version "MapTool 1.0M8"

Post by francogp »

The version 1.0M8 Alpha and Beta...
I cant see the map and the minimap... and nothing inside it. I se a black box, nothing else. I have the last java.
in the version 1.0M7 i can see everithing in right way.
How can i fix it? or.... what is the problem?
Last edited by francogp on Fri Feb 03, 2006 11:51 am, edited 1 time in total.

trevor
Codeum Arcanum (RPTools Founder)

Post by trevor »

What steps, from starting up the app did you take to get to this state ?

That is, are you loading up an existing campaign ? Just starting up the tool ? Or something else ?

Have you added a map to the tool at this point ?

francogp
Cave Troll

Post by francogp »

I start the program, and all the menues start in the right way (the tokens menu and the top menues). But, in the map zone, i see only a black box that cover all this zone. When i load a campaign, it remain black and the minimap doest appear. When i create a quick map, the map continue in "black" mode... When I put a token, it does not appear, and the map zone continue in "black mode".
When i start a new map... its all the same problem.

Here are a request, for the next version. Please add irregular tokens! like 1x2, 3x2... and of course, a rotation tool for these tokens. I know that this problem was discussed before.. its my only critic of the program, the irregular tokens :wink:

Excuse my english.. its bad :D

trevor

Post by trevor »

When I run the MapTool Beta webstart and create a quickmap, it comes up without problem.

There was a problem with the startup script, perhaps that had something to do with it. Give it another try and let me know if you still have the problem.

What operating system are you using ?

francogp
Cave Troll

Post by francogp »

I test the Beta Webstart, and it works fine!!... the Download version doesn't work.
I have Windows XP, 2º servipack and lastest patch.
Last edited by francogp on Fri Feb 03, 2006 11:50 am, edited 1 time in total.

trevor

Post by trevor »

Interesting. Giliath has been working on improving the build system, and it seems some things broke. I'll point him in that direction and we'll get it patched up quick.

Thanks for finding that issue !

giliath
RPTools Founder

Post by giliath »

francogp wrote:I test the Beta Webstart, and it works fine!!... the Download version dont work.
I have Windows XP, 2º servipack and lastest patch.
Could you give a few more details about how the download version didn't work? Did you download it from http://www.rptools.net or from http://sf.net/projects/rptools Also, what didn't work? Was the zip file corrupt, or when you extracted the zip and double-clicked on the jar file, that failed. Also, do you get any error messages, and what does it say?
~Giliath

francogp
Cave Troll

Post by francogp »

No. The PROGRAM doesn't work, Not the file that i download. I explained it before in this post. When i run it, the only thing that doesn't work is the map and all the thing that there are in it (the images, tokens, minimap.. all in black), but the menues looks to work fine.

francogp
Cave Troll

Post by francogp »

I download again the 1.08 download version and now it works normal, like the webstart version!! :shock:
You fix it? or may be there was an error in the file thet i download before?

A little bug: in the webstart version, the program remember the last folder that i visit when i save or open a file, but the download version doesn't! it allways open "my documents" folder, its boring the serch of my files all over the pc every time that i have to save my campaign.

giliath
RPTools Founder

Post by giliath »

francogp wrote:I download again the 1.08 download version and now it works normal, like the webstart version!! :shock:
You fix it? or may be there was an error in the file thet i download before?

A little bug: in the webstart version, the program remember the last folder that i visit when i save or open a file, but the download version doesn't! it allways open "my documents" folder, its boring the serch of my files all over the pc every time that i have to save my campaign.
Great to hear that it is working for you. We didn't change anything, but I suspect we might have been having hosting issues as trevor was able to replicate it.

I will enter a tracker for the bug.

Thanks
~Giliath

Return to “MapTool”