just a quick request

Thoughts, Help, Feature Requests, Bug Reports, Developing code for...

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei

Forum rules
PLEASE don't post images of your entire desktop, attach entire campaign files when only a single file is needed, or generally act in some other anti-social behavior. :)
brisingre
Dragon

just a quick request

Post by brisingre »

COuld the assets have an option somewhere (I think we will need a tabbed options menu and fewer checkboxes on the menus soon :lol: ) to show as a different icon size or to show the filenames instead or in addition to the image? Twhis would let you get more tokens visible at a time.
Chaotic Neutral means never having to say you're sorry.

trevor
Codeum Arcanum (RPTools Founder)

Post by trevor »

Hmmm, interesting idea. I'll put in a tracker to support changing the size of the tokens. I'm assuming you are talking about the Image Explorer ?
Dreaming of a 1.3 release

trevor

Post by trevor »

K, tracker added. I went ahead and added it to 1.1 since it'll be easy to implement

brisingre
Dragon

Post by brisingre »

yes, image explorer. THe idea was really more about having a text list option instead of images as an option, for quicker scrolling and browsing, but smaller images would be good too, as an afterthought.

trevor

Post by trevor »

One of the problems of using image names is that once the image is put in the cache, it doesn't keep track of its name. This could of course be ammended, but at the moment, it's just an unnamed image.

RPTroll
TheBard

Post by RPTroll »

With my old, slow machine, loading up the entire group of tokens from the monster manual at once is slow and its hard to find what I'm looking for in the list. So on my 'puters I have them seperated by alphabet with another directory structure that seperates them by type. For humanoids, I also have the tokens seperated by race.

This lets me quickly navigate to the token I want and limits the choices once I get there the images load quickly. It also allows me to have a bunch of differnt images for the humanoids that are easy to access.

I would give you the zip file of my tokens but I'm not sure where they all came from. If this sounds like it will help, I'll use Bis's tokens, seperate them into a similar directory tree, and submit them to the image repository.
ImageImage ImageImageImageImage
Support RPTools by shopping

brisingre
Dragon

Post by brisingre »

the image repository is busted. Gmail has stopped my linking to files diretly. Which stinks. at some point I will just create a public email account for this, best I can do srry.

brisingre
Dragon

Post by brisingre »

Username="[email protected]"
Password="images"
submit things to [email protected]

Return to “MapTool”