Hover Notes: Discussion

Thoughts, Help, Feature Requests, Bug Reports, Developing code for...

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei

Forum rules
PLEASE don't post images of your entire desktop, attach entire campaign files when only a single file is needed, or generally act in some other anti-social behavior. :)
trevor
Codeum Arcanum (RPTools Founder)

Post by trevor »

We do actually, double click the stamp, select the text in the notes section, then right click->Send to chat
Dreaming of a 1.3 release

darkeness66
Giant

Post by darkeness66 »

trevor wrote:We do actually, double click the stamp, select the text in the notes section, then right click->Send to chat
that is why I vote for having some type of notification icon for items with notes attached :wink: then the players or a visiting DM can see this info without the need for hover windows.

Dalna
Dragon

Post by Dalna »

Yes...the DM can do this, but not the Players. I mean I would rather send the text to the chat window when the player clicks it...and have it say who clicked it. This way they know who clicked on what. and what was the text. And that process is lengthly...IE alot of steps. If like what Dorponds said about the eye or highlight the object is done, then this info can be sent to the chat window and not affect the map much. The GM needs the access to the panel to adjust other information...but there is nothing the player needs to do with items like this but to click for further information.

Is that not the reason for the seperate Player Info and GM info...Player Info is what the player sees and the GMs info is what the GM doesn't want them to know right away.

trevor
Codeum Arcanum (RPTools Founder)

Post by trevor »

trevor wrote:
Phergus wrote: Well it is probably a bug or mistake but the Player clients show a little grey box down in the corner for any object that has GM notes
Bug, I thought I had fixed that :P
This is definitely fixed for 1.2b20 :)
Dreaming of a 1.3 release

Return to “MapTool”