Board Games Anyone?

Thoughts, Help, Feature Requests, Bug Reports, Developing code for...

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei

Forum rules
PLEASE don't post images of your entire desktop, attach entire campaign files when only a single file is needed, or generally act in some other anti-social behavior. :)
RPTroll
TheBard

Board Games Anyone?

Post by RPTroll »

here's your classic chess and backgammon board for anyone interested. They 'should' automatically be on the grid as the units are in 40x40 pixels. I plan on using these so my players can goof around while waiting for their initiative to come up.

You should be able to right click and save the images. Both of these are my original art and you are free to use and redistribute as you will.

Wizard's chess anyone?

ImageImage ImageImageImageImage
Support RPTools by shopping

brisingre
Dragon

Post by brisingre »

NIce!! NOw all we need is an image randomizer and we have monopoly and even MTG!!
Chaotic Neutral means never having to say you're sorry.

RPTroll
TheBard

Post by RPTroll »

I've been thinking about the monopoly board for a while. :D

I figure the squares should be 80x80. Drawing an approximation of the standard board shouldn't be hard.

The cards can either be drawables or large creature sized tokens. If we had a solid overlay (one that covered the card completely) the DM could stack the two decks in the middle and removed the covered state on the top card. Randomize the stack manually would be a pain.

Money could be another set of tokens I guess with the DM(Banker) assigning the money to a player and taking it away as need be.

brisingre
Dragon

Post by brisingre »

I still think the best way would be to integrate a macro that selected a random image from a specified folder and showed it with a given state on it for everyone else, then removed the imagefrom the list it could pick from. complicated but usefull.

RPTroll
TheBard

Post by RPTroll »

That would rock. In fact, it has dungeon uses as well, such as the occupants of a tavern or store or Non-special NPCs in a town.

brisingre
Dragon

Post by brisingre »

dungeon deck variant from MH

trevor
Codeum Arcanum (RPTools Founder)

Post by trevor »

Those are some cool boards. You know what would be cool would be to take the chess board, and actually put some tokens on it for chess pieces, then same the campaign. That way you just load the chess campaign an away you go !

I would totally host something like that if someone where to create it :)

As for random stacking, that sounds very intruiging. I imagine that something like that could be done in the new command framework.
Dreaming of a 1.3 release

brisingre
Dragon

Post by brisingre »

It wasn't so much random stacking as a way to draw a imagefile card inside of maptool. the 0verlay was because it would need to be drawn face down. this is a flashback to my ccg too suggestion of earlier, but at this point maptools supports everthing necessary except for token rotation and card drawing and the card drawing is a good deal more important. I'm gald you liked the idea, i have been looking at lackey, but it is rahter cumbersome, and maptools is a lot slicker. you guys rock!!

Return to “MapTool”