Problem with people to conect to my campain

Thoughts, Help, Feature Requests, Bug Reports, Developing code for...

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei

Forum rules
PLEASE don't post images of your entire desktop, attach entire campaign files when only a single file is needed, or generally act in some other anti-social behavior. :)
Aspid
Kobold

Problem with people to conect to my campain

Post by Aspid »

I tried to create a sesion to play but my friend recive this mesage
No vaa.JPG
No vaa.JPG (11.83 KiB) Viewed 552 times

I let you see the configuration that I use.
Net_data.JPG
Net_data.JPG (31.76 KiB) Viewed 552 times
I gave my friend the external IP and the pasword is not the problem.

I download the pdf file and I'm trying to found something, but I can't found anything (I'm spanish and I have a few problems with english).

jfrazierjr
Deity

Re: Problem with people to conect to my campain

Post by jfrazierjr »

Did you go to canuseeme.org as the Networking Guide said and test the port you are using?
I save all my Campaign Files to DropBox. Not only can I access a campaign file from pretty much any OS that will run Maptool(Win,OSX, linux), but each file is versioned, so if something goes crazy wild, I can always roll back to a previous version of the same file.

Get your Dropbox 2GB via my referral link, and as a bonus, I get an extra 250 MB of space. Even if you don't don't use my link, I still enthusiastically recommend Dropbox..

Aspid
Kobold

Post by Aspid »

yes I try it, and it tell me this

Code: Select all

Error: I could not see your service on 83.53.119.19  on port (51234)
Reason: Connection timed out
the same as the other mesage. But after I try with the comon ports (PC Anywhere 5631) and always the same.

jfrazierjr
Deity

Post by jfrazierjr »

Aspid wrote:yes I try it, and it tell me this

Code: Select all

Error: I could not see your service on 83.53.119.19  on port (51234)
Reason: Connection timed out
the same as the other mesage. But after I try with the comon ports (PC Anywhere 5631) and always the same.
Your firewall/router is not configured properly. You need to start at the beginning of the network FAQ and do EVERY single step. Report back at the first failure step.
I save all my Campaign Files to DropBox. Not only can I access a campaign file from pretty much any OS that will run Maptool(Win,OSX, linux), but each file is versioned, so if something goes crazy wild, I can always roll back to a previous version of the same file.

Get your Dropbox 2GB via my referral link, and as a bonus, I get an extra 250 MB of space. Even if you don't don't use my link, I still enthusiastically recommend Dropbox..

Azhrei
Site Admin

Post by Azhrei »

(Wrong forum. Moved to MapTool.)

Return to “MapTool”