Problem with port forwarding

Thoughts, Help, Feature Requests, Bug Reports, Developing code for...

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei

Forum rules
PLEASE don't post images of your entire desktop, attach entire campaign files when only a single file is needed, or generally act in some other anti-social behavior. :)
Khouni
Kobold

Problem with port forwarding

Post by Khouni »

Hey there!
I have a rather strange problem. After opening the port 51234, the connection test still did not work. Canyouseeme.org, on the other hand, told me they could successfully see my PC through this port.
Now, what do you think I am supposed to do? I really can't think of any reason why this is happening.

I am using the newest version of MapTool on Mac 10.5.8.

I thank you in advance for your help.

Best regards,
K

Azhrei
Site Admin

Re: Problem with port forwarding

Post by Azhrei »

Khouni wrote:I have a rather strange problem. After opening the port 51234, the connection test still did not work. Canyouseeme.org, on the other hand, told me they could successfully see my PC through this port.
Older versions of MapTool have a button labeled "Test Connection" that requires an external web server. Unfortunately, that server is quite unreliable so newer versions of MT have removed that button and replaced it with a link to the Networking FAQ in the HowTo subforum. :?

In other words, ignore the results of the Test Connection as it's probably not working for you. If CanYouSeeMe.org is working, your network connection is fine.

CoveredInFish
Demigod

Post by CoveredInFish »

What test connection?

Did you/someone try to connect to your server and failed?

Or did you used the button "connection test" (or "test connection"?) in the server dialog? If that would be the case ... well ... you wouldnt use the latest version since its disabled due to its unreliability

Khouni
Kobold

Post by Khouni »

Well, I used the "test connection" button in the server dialog. I am using the version from the "Launch" section of the website.

But thanks, I will get a player to try to connect to the server. :)

Azhrei
Site Admin

Post by Azhrei »

Khouni wrote:Well, I used the "test connection" button in the server dialog. I am using the version from the "Launch" section of the website.
So you went with the "release" version? Yeah, that one still has the old Test Connection button.
But thanks, I will get a player to try to connect to the server. :)
Well, you said the CanYouSeeMe.org worked so you're good to go. :)

Return to “MapTool”