token selctor box

Thoughts, Help, Feature Requests, Bug Reports, Developing code for...

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei

Forum rules
PLEASE don't post images of your entire desktop, attach entire campaign files when only a single file is needed, or generally act in some other anti-social behavior. :)
brisingre
Dragon

token selctor box

Post by brisingre »

it would be rather nice if the token selection box for stacked tokens went into multiple rows after a certain point. I just made a big stack of tokens to hammer on the feature and see what it would take, and I noticed that the box just extended off the edge of the screen rather than going into rows. Don't give this any kind of important tracker. Heck, this doesn't need a tracker. The odds of someone pushing the feature than hard for any reason other than seeing when it would crack are about nill. Just thought you might want to know. However, as an aesthetic thing, it would be nice ofr them to go into rows of 8 or so.
Chaotic Neutral means never having to say you're sorry.

trevor
Codeum Arcanum (RPTools Founder)

Post by trevor »

Thanks for checking that, I'll see what I can do
Dreaming of a 1.3 release

Emryys
Dragon

Re: token selctor box

Post by Emryys »

brisingre wrote:I just made a big stack of tokens to hammer on the feature and see what it would take, and I noticed that the box just extended off the edge of the screen rather than going into rows
LOL... How many creatures are in that 10' square :P

Sounds like you were using an elevator map ;)
Game On!

brisingre
Dragon

Post by brisingre »

Oh, Idunno, 70? all identical to. Copy-pste works perfeclty. HOwever, the token box broke at a high number, and so did the bounding box selection tool. I wanted to delete the lot to free up space, but i had to delete some individually before the bounding box came back up.
Chaotic Neutral means never having to say you're sorry.

trevor

Post by trevor »

Sounds like I've got some fine tuning to do :)

drswoboda
Dragon

Post by drswoboda »

The stacked token box is wonderfully elegant in design and works fast and easy. Great job! I am finding many great things in this program.

I am not worthy. . .
-David

trevor

Post by trevor »

Glad you like it :) Hopefully with a little more tuning, a couple more features, and a lot of testing, it'll be even spiffier !

Random24

Post by Random24 »

Something else I noticed about the selector box. If you have a large sized token in the stack and there are only 2 stacked tokens you can not select the other token because the selector box comes up and instantly disappears. This is because when it comes up the mouse cursor is not inside the box because it comes up on the left top corner of the token but the stack selector box is on the right top corner.

trevor

Post by trevor »

Yeah, there's a tracker to make the popup panel show up centered over the mouse as opposed to over the token, that should fix that problem. That will be one of the first to get fixed for v1.1.

Return to “MapTool”