GM Only Map "labels"

Thoughts, Help, Feature Requests, Bug Reports, Developing code for...

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei

Forum rules
PLEASE don't post images of your entire desktop, attach entire campaign files when only a single file is needed, or generally act in some other anti-social behavior. :)
celestian
Dragon

GM Only Map "labels"

Post by celestian »

Other than making a token for each room is it possible to use the Text labels (draw tools->add text) and put them on the "hidden" layer so only the GM sees them? I want to label each room but right now seems that that option is visible by anyone.

mfrizzell
Dragon

Re: GM Only Map "labels"

Post by mfrizzell »

Seems like you would, but I like the token on the object layer myself. Just put all GM info in the GM notes and room description in the PC notes and your golden.
DCI/RPGA# 7208328396 Skype ID mfrizzell77
Characters:
Strabor - Dwarf Avenger 5th Level
Tikkanan - Human Warlock 2nd Level
----------------------------------------------------
"People are more violently opposed to fur than leather because it's safer to harass rich women than motorcycle gangs."

Azhrei
Site Admin

Re: GM Only Map "labels"

Post by Azhrei »

Labels do not have a "layer" associated with them like other drawables do. That won't change in 1.3.

The idea of putting text into the Notes and GMNotes fields and putting the token on the Object layer is what we typically recommend. There are some not-so-good aspects to this approach but it works surprisingly well most of the time.

Return to “MapTool”