vertical white line

Thoughts, Help, Feature Requests, Bug Reports, Developing code for...

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei

Forum rules
PLEASE don't post images of your entire desktop, attach entire campaign files when only a single file is needed, or generally act in some other anti-social behavior. :)
Halifex
Kobold

vertical white line

Post by Halifex »

I am relatively new to maptools, I have been a player and now I am trying to be a DM, creating my first module, player tokens, etc. This tool has allowed me to get back into PNP with adults !!! This tool is literally the greatest thing since sliced bread in my life.

While I was editing a player token macro (for d20 Rev 3.5e skills), suddenly I looked at my map and saw that whenever I hovered the mouse pointer over the token this vertical white line appeared on the map from top to bottom jogging around the token.

What did I do to create this vertical white line? How can I get rid of it?

Thanks !!!

aku
Dragon

Re: vertical white line

Post by aku »

This SOUNDS like a gfx driver issue, to me, but to cover some bases:

Are you/What framework are you using?

What do you mean by "jogging"? is it just a square around the token thats red/white? if so thats just the selection indicator.

dorpond
RPTools Team

Post by dorpond »

Is it vision lines? Did you draw vbl? Also, try changing ( top menu ) vision from day/night to off and report back.
How to use my bundled artwork (MT1.3B60+): http://forums.rptools.net/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=11759

aliasmask
RPTools Team

Post by aliasmask »

That sounds like the vision boundary. Try unchecking the token's "Has Sight" in the token properties under Config tab to verify.

ninja'd
dorpond wrote:Is it vision lines? Did you draw vbl? Also, try changing ( top menu ) vision from day/night to off and report back.
This doesn't stop the lines from appearing. Only unchecking the box does.

Halifex
Kobold

Post by Halifex »

Thank you! I unchecked that box and they went away! I will explore vision later (actually fairly soon), right now I am just creating tokens and maps.

Azhrei
Site Admin

Post by Azhrei »

You should watch the screencast tutorials when you get a chance. (There's a "Tutorials" link on our main site.) They are categorized so that GMs and Players can each watch the ones that apply to them. I suggest watching them twice. The first time, just watch the tutorial and make a mental note of the stuff that looks cool. Then watch it a second time with MapTool running off to the side; that way you can pause the tutorial and try it out while you follow along. Once you've done that you'll have learned about 80% of what MapTool has to offer (the remaining portions being the macro scripting and some of the fog-of-war stuff that was tweaked after the tutorials were made).

Return to “MapTool”