b87 or b89

Thoughts, Help, Feature Requests, Bug Reports, Developing code for...

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei

Forum rules
PLEASE don't post images of your entire desktop, attach entire campaign files when only a single file is needed, or generally act in some other anti-social behavior. :)
Bone White
Great Wyrm

b87 or b89

Post by Bone White »

After trawling through the forum and my memory, I'm still not sure as the the differences between b87 and b89. I know b90 is in the pipeline, but I just want to check which version you recommend.

This is especially aimed at wolph42 and his 40k framework, and no, we won't use the beta build of b90, because getting MapTool to work for everyone is complicated enough at the moment.

JamzTheMan
Great Wyrm

Re: b87 or b89

Post by JamzTheMan »

B89 honestly. Both b89 and b90 are probably easier to get people set up on. They are Java 7 compatible versions and have network improvements for upnp.

If you want to use Wolfs vbl macros, you probably want b90, although you can turn most of it of if needed and use b89. He can tell you what parts work with b89.
-Jamz

wolph42
Winter Wolph

Re: b87 or b89

Post by wolph42 »

especially if you have trouble getting mt running with everyone i would suggest using b90 as that one is easiest to set up, including a new launcher and the upnp working, which is not the case for 89 (nor 87).

Return to “MapTool”