Feature requests: save prompt and others

Thoughts, Help, Feature Requests, Bug Reports, Developing code for...

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei

Forum rules
PLEASE don't post images of your entire desktop, attach entire campaign files when only a single file is needed, or generally act in some other anti-social behavior. :)
Killydd
Cave Troll

Feature requests: save prompt and others

Post by Killydd »

After playing around with the maptool a bit more, I decided something that would be a benefit to the forgetful among us: a save prompt on exiting by the host. This would just prompt something like "do you want to save changes to the campaign before quitting?" and I think only be available to the hosting machine.

On a related note, it might be nice for the default save location to work a little better, possibly you could have it set when you load a campaign? Arguably, I also want a "save" feature rather than the current "save as", so that you can make your edits to the campaign and do one or two click saving rather than the current dialog box and retyping in the name you want to save it as.

Oh, and while I'm posting, does the documentation say what those status indicators in the lower right corner actually are, or did I just find that in the message boards before?(like the 49M/63M and the boxes to the right of that)

Another feature adjustment: do you think you could have a check-mark or similar indicator next to the current size in a token's status adjustments?

Also, the token status pictures don't zoom well. when you are zoomed all the way out, they take up nearly the entire token, leaving just a color especially when its small or smaller. maybe you could scale the line thickness with the zoom level?

trevor
Codeum Arcanum (RPTools Founder)

Re: Feature requests: save prompt and others

Post by trevor »

Killydd wrote:After playing around with the maptool a bit more, I decided something that would be a benefit to the forgetful among us: a save prompt on exiting by the host. This would just prompt something like "do you want to save changes to the campaign before quitting?" and I think only be available to the hosting machine.
Good idea I'll add a tracker
Killydd wrote:On a related note, it might be nice for the default save location to work a little better, possibly you could have it set when you load a campaign? Arguably, I also want a "save" feature rather than the current "save as", so that you can make your edits to the campaign and do one or two click saving rather than the current dialog box and retyping in the name you want to save it as.
The Open dialog should also remember the last place you opened something. I'll add a tracker
Killydd wrote:Oh, and while I'm posting, does the documentation say what those status indicators in the lower right corner actually are, or did I just find that in the message boards before?(like the 49M/63M and the boxes to the right of that)
I'll let the documentation people respond to whether they are in the docs (I've never read them to be honest. Bad Developer, BAD). But this is what they are: 49M/63M is the amount of memory being used by maptool, the first number is the amount currently in use, the second number is the allocated space (used + available). To the left of that is the connection status icon, which represents your current connection status. The icon changes color based on the status. To the right of that are two dots, these light up when sending or receiving something from the server. GREEN means sending data, RED means receiving data. That way you can tell if you are, for example, receiving a really large image or something.
Killydd wrote:Another feature adjustment: do you think you could have a check-mark or similar indicator next to the current size in a token's status adjustments?
Good call. I'll add a tracker.
Killydd wrote:Also, the token status pictures don't zoom well. when you are zoomed all the way out, they take up nearly the entire token, leaving just a color especially when its small or smaller. maybe you could scale the line thickness with the zoom level?
Hmmm. Currently the status decorations don't scale at all, they just render on top of the image. I could certainly scale them. Let me think about that and play with it a bit to see if I can come up with something
Dreaming of a 1.3 release

brisingre
Dragon

Post by brisingre »

they are, for the most part, there... :)
Chaotic Neutral means never having to say you're sorry.

Return to “MapTool”